NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

Anyone throwing him out there this weekend?

Would seem to be a decent bet in the flex. Cinci run D is absolutely horrid...Cinci offense probably is going to have a rough go of it against the LAR D which will produce a ton of offensive possessions...gotta think maybe McVay uses this potential blowout game as an opportunity to rest Gurley a bit...M. Brown out.

I'm looking for a K. Allen backup plan and this may be it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every single backfield being compared to Kamara/Ingram just needs to stop.

I tried one time. Can confirm not possible

Strange.  I heard that Darrell was on a flight once and the flight crew got devastatingly ill during flight and the flight started nosediving.  Darrell tore the emergency cockpit door off, landed the

1 minute ago, MadMaxMariota said:

He got 11 carries last week which is a solid number for a back up. Still too risky to start but he could bust out a couple of big runs if he gets similar volume again.

... and was in on roughly 40% of the snaps - not too shabby. 

hope is that dër Büngles royally crap this one, leading to extensive gahhhrbahhhge time for Hendu. 

difference from last week is that i think McVay still kept Gurley around a bit longer than he wanted because he respected the Flalcons offense (even though they didn't do chit 'til very late).

don't see any such problems here ... matter if fact, hot takes galore are swirling about regarding Dalton getting benched if this one starts to go south. 

second half could yield nicely for Hendu, especially if things are in hand, and they wanna give TG a niiiiice elongated rest heading into their bye. 

He is gonna bust out soon and in London against the Bengals is the likeliest place for it to happen. Cincy gives up more fantasy points to RB’s than any other team. If you are thin because of byes you could do worse than him. 

1 minute ago, HBEACH said:

He is gonna bust out soon and in London against the Bengals is the likeliest place for it to happen. Cincy gives up more fantasy points to RB’s than any other team. If you are thin because of byes you could do worse than him. 

can't ask for any better, considering the circumstances ... Brown OUT, Gurley being rationed, wounded/deflated opponent 7,000 miles from home. 

let's get Hendu 15+ touches. 

::IN::

• Like 1

[...]

Just looked at all of the Cinci box scores and...wow...do they get run on. The matchup is there without a doubt.

In addition, if you look closely, several secondary running options have gotten into the act significantly such as:

* C. Edmonds: 8-68-1, 3-18 (DJ went off too).

* J. Samuel: 10-26-1; 8-57 (Conner got his as well).

* R. Mostert: 13-83, 3-68-1; J. Wilson: 10-34-2 (And Breida got his too).

The key state in the box scores above and beyond the above is the number of ATTEMPTS opposing teams are generating.

Do we really believe that Gurley is going to get 25 carries? If LAR get up big, I can't imagine they keep pounding Gurley over and over. They've taken their foot off the gas pedal with him when games have been competitive. 

And no Malcom Brown either.

Most projections I see have Henderson getting 7-8 carries. I'm thinking 12-15 with potential for 2-4 receptions as well. All this dude needs to do is break one with one touch and he exceeds his projection. Significantly.

[...] Thinking Henderson may have more upside than any option on waivers right now.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

would much have preferred that tomorrow's London Calling was of the earlier start time ... ergo allowing lineup tweaks to be made around Hendu's performance - but it's a night game over there, so a regular 1 p.m. start here in my time zone. 

meh, he's in my lineup with confidence ... not that i'm a projections guy (i am loathe to them, tbh), but his keeps creeping up ... currently at 9 (ppr), up from roughly 6 earlier this week. 

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

PS - WIND YER CLOCKS BACK TOMORROW MORNING SO WE CAN ALL CONVENE IN THE GAME THREAD ACCORDINGLY!

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

Cinn allowing 180 yards rushing per game. 250 in the last 3 games. Both worst in the league.  

Cinn allowing 5.2 yards per carry worst in the NFL.9

Cinn 30 of 32 allowing 1.3 rushing touchdowns per game

Cinn most  rushing attempts allowed per game (36). (Those cant all go to the Gurely man)

Cinn defense has allowed rushes of 10+ yards on 43 of 241 carries (17.8%) this season -- highest in NFL; League Avg: 11.5%

Cinn defense has allowed 14 rushes of 20+ yards on 241 carries (5.8%) this season -- highest in NFL. (They have not given up a 40+ rush this year)

On the season Gurely has averaged 13 carries per game.

Brown and Henderson 6 each. Last week Henderson soaked up all of Brown's work.

Assumptions:

Rams hit 36 touch rushing attempts.

Rams will be ahead early and Gurley's attempts around his average of 13 attempts per game. That leaves 20 plus carries for non Gurely rushers.

Henderson will get 15 plus carries at a minimum.

A Rams rusher will have a 20+ run (see above).

Predictions for Henderson

15 touches x 5.2 ypc= 78 yards

1 rushing touch for 20= 20 yards

throw in 10 yards receiving=10

Assume no Td's as the Rams will be winding down the clock

Over 100 total yards with no TD.Puts you around low end RB1 in standard (assume last weeks cutoff). If he scores he is a no doubt RB1

You can start this guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Cinn allowing 180 yards rushing per game. 250 in the last 3 games. Both worst in the league.  

Cinn allowing 5.2 yards per carry worst in the NFL.9

Cinn 30 of 32 allowing 1.3 rushing touchdowns per game

Cinn most  rushing attempts allowed per game (36). (Those cant all go to the Gurely man)

Cinn defense has allowed rushes of 10+ yards on 43 of 241 carries (17.8%) this season -- highest in NFL; League Avg: 11.5%

Cinn defense has allowed 14 rushes of 20+ yards on 241 carries (5.8%) this season -- highest in NFL. (They have not given up a 40+ rush this year)

On the season Gurely has averaged 13 carries per game.

Brown and Henderson 6 each. Last week Henderson soaked up all of Brown's work.

Assumptions:

Rams hit 36 touch rushing attempts.

Rams will be ahead early and Gurley's attempts around his average of 13 attempts per game. That leaves 20 plus carries for non Gurely rushers.

Henderson will get 15 plus carries at a minimum.

A Rams rusher will have a 20+ run (see above).

Predictions for Henderson

15 touches x 5.2 ypc= 78 yards

1 rushing touch for 20= 20 yards

throw in 10 yards receiving=10

Assume no Td's as the Rams will be winding down the clock

Over 100 total yards with no TD.Puts you around low end RB1 in standard (assume last weeks cutoff). If he scores he is a no doubt RB1

You can start this guy.

That is some solid rationale there. I agree with all of it.

Which probably means it doesn't happen.

I'm starting him anyway.

• Like 1

Anyone who knows anything about the Rams care to take a stab at his ROS or rank him against other RB fliers? From what I can tell from a light read, Gurley is a little banged up (?) and Henderson is the likely beneficiary if he misses significant time in the future, but people don't trust McVay to rely on Henderson to the point that would make him the type of RB2 that he could be if he suddenly got 15-20 carries a game in that offense. Thoughts?

Just now, NorthBoundTrain said:

Anyone who knows anything about the Rams care to take a stab at his ROS or rank him against other RB fliers? From what I can tell from a light read, Gurley is a little banged up (?) and Henderson is the likely beneficiary if he misses significant time in the future, but people don't trust McVay to rely on Henderson to the point that would make him the type of RB2 that he could be if he suddenly got 15-20 carries a game in that offense. Thoughts?

He's a high upside flyer in the event that Gurley gets hurt. He hasn't had a real "breakout" yet but he's shown some nice burst. You could do a lot worse as an end-of-the-bench stash type, but I wouldn't be putting him near starting lineups at this point. Tough situation to wrap one's head around, and an impending Malcolm Brown return could further muddy the waters.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

I’m holding through the BYE. Gurley obviously isn’t 100% and Brown is JAG. If Gurley misses any actual time, Henderson is the back with the most upside IMO.

Is there an injury that happened besides the thigh bruise? Or are you just talking about the general thought that his knee could flare up at any point?

Just now, nromn said:

Is there an injury that happened besides the thigh bruise? Or are you just talking about the general thought that his knee could flare up at any point?

The latter. Gurley clearly hasn’t been himself since last season. He was clearly more hurt than the Rams led on during the Super Bowl and he’s just seemed “off” to me this year.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...