NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Boyd 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Ugly fantasy points are still fantasy points. The team sucks, but like you said, he still gets 6 for 60 every week. A player who gets 6 for 60 every week is still a WR2 in PPR leagues. He put those numbers up last week against Humphrey, with a rookie QB making his first ever start. 

Boyd is a guy you can still start every week, just don't watch the games. 

Start every week if you want zero upside. I play in a standard league and he’s very droppable in those leagues. There’s no TD or YAC upside with him now, and scoring opportunities are a rarity as well w the rookie QB. In PPR he’s a fine a desperation flex, but he’s been a bust for 8 of 10 weeks this season for the most part even with the massive target volume. So he’s not winning anyone their weeks. The Bengals are terrible and the sked seems irrelevant at this point for this team. For those in need of wins I don’t see how he helps anyone’s cause. But yes he’s got a floor of about 5 for 50 it seems. Take that for what it’s worth in the end. I doubt he gets in the end zone again this season however. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Primetime Andy Dalton strikes again!

This is always how its been with Dalton throwing to AJG.  Frustrating at times when Dalton can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Many times AJG was open but Dalton was late to throw or just would sail

Why? Is that when Green comes back? Because if so,  I look forward to it. Boyd averaged a little over 17 points(ppr)with Green in the lineup.

Posted Images

John Ross has been practicing and could come back off IR within the next couple weeks.  He had a sternoclavicular injury, so it shouldn't have affect his running.  I bring that up, because after Ross got injured in week 4 against the Steelers, Boyd has gone in the tank.  He really was pretty decent the first three weeks when the defense had to pay attention to the big play threat that Ross was.  If either AJ Green or Ross are back in there, there should be a good chance Boyd will get better opportunities, because he needs someone to take some of that defensive pressure off him. 

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

It's criminal that the Bengals charge normal NFL ticket prices to watch Finley run the offense like a high school QB. Boyd has been rendered basically worthless. No way AJ Green will come back to be a part of this. 🤬🤬

• Like 1
On 11/17/2019 at 9:55 PM, GreenMountainPhan said:

Did anyone watch this game?  I didn't but Finley was 13/31/115, ugh.

I started the Oakland defense, so I watched. Finley might have been even worse than the stat line. 

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

It's criminal that the Bengals charge normal NFL ticket prices to watch Finley run the offense like a high school QB. Boyd has been rendered basically worthless. No way AJ Green will come back to be a part of this. 🤬🤬

Its criminal that they are still evaluating Finley, just put Dalton back in and win one game.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Its criminal that they are still evaluating Finley, just put Dalton back in and win one game.

I don’t think they planned on tanking this season, but at this point I’m pretty sure winning is no longer a priority. Especially with the Tua injury, now it’s Burrow or Bust.

I really doubt Dalton sees the field again unless Finley gets hurt.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I don’t think they planned on tanking this season, but at this point I’m pretty sure winning is no longer a priority. Especially with the Tua injury, now it’s Burrow or Bust.

I really doubt Dalton sees the field again unless Finley gets hurt.

Trevor Lawrence really flying under the radar here. He’s got a better completion percentage and going to throw more tds than last year. Keep in mind Bama was a better team last year (especially on defense) and Lawrence embarrassed them more than Burrow did this year. Not a direct comparison but still worth noting. If he’s not drafted in first round, he could be a steal.

16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Trevor Lawrence really flying under the radar here. He’s got a better completion percentage and going to throw more tds than last year. Keep in mind Bama was a better team last year (especially on defense) and Lawrence embarrassed them more than Burrow did this year. Not a direct comparison but still worth noting. If he’s not drafted in first round, he could be a steal.

Lawrence isn’t draft eligible.

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

?  His injury probably ended his college career, but not his NFL future. A dislocated hip isn't a death sentence...

But yeah, starting Finley = tanking the season. I guess they could play the "we want to see what we have in this guy" but does anyone think they would not draft the top QB next year even if he did well?  You would just think they'd have enough pride to try and win at least one game. IMO 1-15 is worlds better than 0-16. 

Back to Boyd: totally unstartable and borderline droppable. Too bad. 

Edited by bomont
33 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Lawrence isn’t draft eligible.

ha whoops. Thought he had a redshirt year prior to last year. Damn, that makes his accomplishment even more amazing. Dismantling Bama in the natty as a true freshman that wasn’t even the starter to begin the year.

Edited by WaiverLooter
2 hours ago, bomont said:

Boyd is like that annoying GF that you keep breaking up with but eventually keep going back to for some reason. Finally, I was 100% done with Boyd and then Auden Tate gets hurt. Boyd is one of the most annoying fantasy player to own this season and we'll stuck with the SOB LMAO.

Jets week 13. Miami week 16. I'm never drafting him again.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

ha whoops. Thought he had a redshirt year prior to last year. Damn, that makes his accomplishment even more amazing. Dismantling Bama in the natty as a true freshman that wasn’t even the starter to begin the year.

Lawrence is basically a lock to go 1 overall in 2020. This year it's Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Fromm, etc. Burrow to the Bengals seems likely at this point.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

?  His injury probably ended his college career, but not his NFL future. A dislocated hip isn't a death sentence...

But yeah, starting Finley = tanking the season. I guess they could play the "we want to see what we have in this guy" but does anyone think they would not draft the top QB next year even if he did well?  You would just think they'd have enough pride to try and win at least one game. IMO 1-15 is worlds better than 0-16. 

Not a death sentence, but they’ll be major question marks regarding his health.  Where there was a clear cut top 2 QBs before and a legit debate as to who should be #1, Tua might not even go top 5 depending on his recovery and health evaluation by NFL teams.  Teams won’t want to use up that much draft capital of there are questions about his durability.