NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarvis Landry 2019 Outlook

Am I the only one who thinks Landry could be in for a productive season?

Not saying he's going to blow the roof off like he did back when he was a Dolphin...but everyone seems to be completely writing him off...

I could easily see him putting up a 90-1,000-8 season. I think that people are going wayyyyyy to low on him in the TD department, as many have him pegged as only scoring 5-6 or so. I think that number could easily jump to 8 this season.

The only easy games I see the Browns having are against MIA and CIN. Every other game looks like it could be either a shootout or down to the wire close game. 

I actually feel that the addition of OBJ could help his cause, as defenses are going to have to decide which one of them to put their best CB on. It's very rare to see defenses hold down not 2 great receivers. I think OBJ drawing tons of attention could work to Landry's advantage in 1-on-1 matchups.

To me, he's not a guy you reach for...but if he's falling to you somewhere between Pick 70-85 in the draft...You should be giving him a loooong look.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... yep,  won't be long now 'til it's NBA level of putrid ... eff them, i'd rather eat cat chit with a knittin' needle than support that 🗣

Jarvis Landry saw 149 targets in his first year in Cleveland, equal to his four-year average in Miami. But he also experienced his worst catch percentage in his five years as a pro, 54.4%. He did howe

32 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I could easily see him putting up a 90-1,000-8 season.

You better get your glasses checked. ;)

Stranger things have happened, but it's doubtful. How often does a WR2 get 90 catches? Hell how often does a WR1 get them? 

Landry = Ridley. Talented guy, good offense, should have a good year, but temper expectations.

Edited by bomont
20 minutes ago, bomont said:

You better get your glasses checked. ;)

Stranger things have happened, but it's doubtful. How often does a WR2 get 90 catches? Hell how often does a WR1 get them? 

Landry = Ridley. Talented guy, good offense, should have a good year, but temper expectations.

I could see this O be just as good as Pittsburgh’s was last season. Love the value on Landry. Who are teams going to be more focused on Landry over the middle or Odell running long and open all day 

Feel like the FF community is jumping the shark with the Browns offense in redraft leagues. Everyone is really getting drafted closer to their ceiling, not much room for exceeding value. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bomont said:

How often does a WR2 get 90 catches?

2018: 2 teams did it, 2 teams came close (ish):

Pit: JuJu Smith-Schuster    111, Antonio Brown    104
Minny: Adam Thielen    113, Stefon Diggs    102
Kansas: Travis Kelce    103, Tyreek Hill    87
LAR: Robert Woods    86, Brandin Cooks    80

8 hours ago, CORTEz said:

To me, he's not a guy you reach for...but if he's falling to you somewhere between Pick 70-85 in the draft...You should be giving him a loooong look.

Agreed.  He's the kind of guy that has potential to fall in drafts because other owners want to take a chance on an "upside" guy / new shiny toy.  If people start reaching for the Kirk's and Pettis' looking for that upside, then Landry has a good chance of falling due to how boring he is.  

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

2018: 2 teams did it, 2 teams came close (ish):

Pit: JuJu Smith-Schuster    111, Antonio Brown    104
Minny: Adam Thielen    113, Stefon Diggs    102
Kansas: Travis Kelce    103, Tyreek Hill    87
LAR: Robert Woods    86, Brandin Cooks    80

Interesting. I suspect that is an outlier, but in this pass-happy era, maybe not, not sure

2 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Zero upside IMO. Never going to have a high ypc and never going to score double digit TDs. He’s like a poor man’s Golden Tate.

I assume you're talking Calloway. Landry should out-perform Tate easily. 

55 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The Browns have a lot of mouths to feed. There are a lot of targets to go around Odell, Callaway, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Also have Higgins and Harris, which could eat some targets. I truly, would be shocked to see Landry top 2018 with his 80 catches 970 yards and 4 tds.

Im pretty sure we’re not going to have to worry about Higgins and Harris, and Hunt (whose out the first 8 weeks) won’t affect Landry.

this is how I see Landry. 

Floor: 75-900-5

Ceiling: 90-1000-8

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The Browns have a lot of mouths to feed. There are a lot of targets to go around Odell, Callaway, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Also have Higgins and Harris, which could eat some targets. I truly, would be shocked to see Landry top 2018 with his 80 catches 970 yards and 4 tds.

Only Beckham is ahead of him in the pecking order and the rest are mostly fighting for scraps IMO. This is a very potent-looking WR 1,2 punch.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I don't think it will be a huge problem.

Last season the Browns passed around 575 times, which is in the top third but not exceptional (PIT, Indy and GB threw a lot more). Say OBJ gets 28%, Landry 22%, Calloway 15% and Njoku 12%, then that still leaves plenty for the RBs and the WR4-6.

That would give OBJ 160 targets, Landry 125, Calloway 85 and Njoku 70, with about 135 left to keep the rest happy. That doesn't seem unreasonable? And I think the passing volume in practice may be higher, with Mayfield showing great promise.

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

That would give OBJ 160 targets, Landry 125, Calloway 85 and Njoku 70, with about 135 left to keep the rest happy. That doesn't seem unreasonable? And I think the passing volume in practice may be higher, with Mayfield showing great promise.

Well that would be almost 25 targets lost for Landry alone. He had only a 54 catch percent rate, so from his 81 catches, with less targets, in theory should mean he takes the step back. So if he kept his pace it would be roughly over 65 catches. That is his floor. 65/780/3?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Landry's value increases with news of Callaway's 4-game suspension.

The suspension is a huge boost for Higgins, who will now start on the outside. Landry's role as the slot receiver isn't affected by this news. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

The suspension is a huge boost for Higgins, who will now start on the outside. Landry's role as the slot receiver isn't affected by this news. 

I do agree that Higgins value shoots up. But I do believe that Landry does get a very slight boost. Instead of the browns changing out and drawing up specific plays for both Callaway and Higgins, they now have their "set-in-stone" 3-wide sets. I think that opens up the possibility of at least 1 target more per game, maybe even 2 more depending on the game flow.

I guess in the grand scheme, it's not much to talk about..But definitely helps Higgins and I believe that it will help Landry as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, CORTEz said:

Im pretty sure we’re not going to have to worry about Higgins and Harris, and Hunt (whose out the first 8 weeks) won’t affect Landry.

this is how I see Landry. 

Floor: 75-900-5

Ceiling: 90-1000-8

So u think with 15 more receptions hell only garner 100 more yards?