NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarvis Landry 2019 Outlook

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... yep,  won't be long now 'til it's NBA level of putrid ... eff them, i'd rather eat cat chit with a knittin' needle than support that 🗣

Jarvis Landry saw 149 targets in his first year in Cleveland, equal to his four-year average in Miami. But he also experienced his worst catch percentage in his five years as a pro, 54.4%. He did howe

Obviously the concussion puts him at risk this week, but that aside, was this big performance a product of the matchup, or is it a positive sign for his ROS outlook?  

I didn’t watch much of the game other than the occasional Red Zone highlight, so perhaps someone with some knowledge of the Browns can give their opinion.

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Obviously the concussion puts him at risk this week, but that aside, was this big performance a product of the matchup, or is it a positive sign for his ROS outlook?  

I didn’t watch much of the game other than the occasional Red Zone highlight, so perhaps someone with some knowledge of the Browns can give their opinion.

He's obviously not gonna put that production out every week, but he's trending the right way. Kitchens has adjusted every week to get away from going for a 60 yard TD every play, that's really helping Chubb and Landry. Hopefully the mindset of taking what the defense gives you stays, if it does than Landry should get back on track to be a strong WR2 ROS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who would be his "cuff" for lack of a better term? Callaway is back but I don't trust that he'll get much of a snap share in his 1st game back, plus they play much different roles. Higgins is solid but not sure if he'll be back. Is it Damion Ratley? I also have Pettis and am debating whether I should pick up one of those guys or just roll with Dante if Landry doesn't play.

We have very short benches so I am nervous about this one. You could pick up Callaway, but it's his first game back and he's not the same kind of player. If fit Higgins would have been ideal, but can't see that happening. I mean, you could try Ratley, but I'd rather roll the dice with Deebo or Pettis if they're available. Callaway does have the potential to have a big play or two.

How is it even possible to clear the protocol in four days?  Honest question.

For instance, I thought the fourth step required non-contact football activity for the duration of a full practice.

Edited by BMcP

Football specific activities: The cognitive load of playing football will be added and players will participate in non-contact activities for the typical duration of a full practice.

I think the key word is typical.  A 2 hour workout would probably suffice and I'm sure there is a lot to be left up to interpretation.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very conflicted because we've seen that Landry can be shut down, and the Patriots are the best at shutting down guys. The "Start/Sit" graphics are all saying to bench Landry and I keep thinking he's scoring jack this week. However, every last ranking has him scoring more points and ranking well higher than all my other options. So, am I better starting a flyer that's ranked way low or Landry?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
11 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I'm very conflicted because we've seen that Landry can be shut down, and the Patriots are the best at shutting down guys. The "Start/Sit" graphics are all saying to bench Landry and I keep thinking he's scoring jack this week. However, every last ranking has him scoring more points and ranking well higher than all my other options. So, am I better starting a flyer that's ranked way low or Landry?

[...]

They will be working to shut down Beckham. They dont have enough to double two WRs. 

Does it worry anyone that the Pats might end up almost targeting Landry for saying the Patriots are going to win the game, which is totally what he said despite some in the media trying to twist his words to suggest otherwise?

• 3 weeks later...

Undecided about him this week. He's got a very high floor because of his target volume and he's gotten into the endzone the past 2 weeks, but that Steelers D is no joke. Him and Kupp play similar roles in their offenses, and Kupp just got shut out on 4 targets. Is this a schematic thing from Pittsburgh, limiting slot receivers, or with LAR was it case of shutting down their top option?

9 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Undecided about him this week. He's got a very high floor because of his target volume and he's gotten into the endzone the past 2 weeks, but that Steelers D is no joke. Him and Kupp play similar roles in their offenses, and Kupp just got shut out on 4 targets. Is this a schematic thing from Pittsburgh, limiting slot receivers, or with LAR was it case of shutting down their top option?

It's both.  I saw an article after the game about the Pittsburg D, they were very bad against slot receivers first two weeks and then very good against them once they got Minkah Fitzpatrick.  BUT, all the analysis going into the game, was to play Kupp because of the plus matchup!!!  That was based on outdated info, which sucked because I played Kupp but it evened out because I also played the Steelers D.  Also, it was a priority for them to take away Kupp as Goff's favorite target (and seeing what Kupp did to the Bengals the game before).  I'm thinking the Rams injuries on the Offensive line -- they lost 1-2 more linemen during the game, played a major role in their poor play because Goff is terrible under pressure.  

For Landry's prospects, Bekham should draw the majority of the coverage and just having guys like Kareem Hunt and Higgins (who Baker developed real chemistry with) back should only help the offensive & Landry will benefit.

Edited by rocket
2 minutes ago, rocket said:

It's both.  I saw an article after the game about the Pittsburg D, they were very bad against slot receivers first two weeks and then very good against them once they got Minkah Fitzpatrick.  BUT, all the analysis going into the game, was to play Kupp because of the plus matchup!!!  That was based on outdated info, which sucked because I played Kupp but it evened out because I also played the Steelers D.  Also, it was a priority for them to take away Kupp as Goff's favorite target (and seeing what Kupp did to the Bengals the week before).  I'm thinking the Rams injuries on the Offensive line -- they lost 1-2 more linemen during the game, played a major role in their poor play because Goff is terrible under pressure.  

For Landry's prospects, Bekham should draw the majority of the coverage and just having guys like Kareem Hunt and Higgins (who Baker developed real chemistry with) back should only help the offensive & Landry will benefit.

Do people really think twice about whether or not to start Cooper Kupp?  He is an autostart.  

Landry is getting volume.  Baker is terrible, but at least Landry still gets his targets.  Landry was probably at least a round 6 pick, so unless you were able to hit with a bunch of waiver pickups, it'd be tough to sit him especially during bye weeks.

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Do people really think twice about whether or not to start Cooper Kupp?  He is an autostart.  

Landry is getting volume.  Baker is terrible, but at least Landry still gets his targets.  Landry was probably at least a round 6 pick, so unless you were able to hit with a bunch of waiver pickups, it'd be tough to sit him especially during bye weeks.

It wasn't about starting Cupp or not, it was about his expectations based on the analysis, it was supposed to be an easy matchup in the slot but it wasn't.