NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarvis Landry 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Undecided about him this week. He's got a very high floor because of his target volume and he's gotten into the endzone the past 2 weeks, but that Steelers D is no joke. Him and Kupp play similar roles in their offenses, and Kupp just got shut out on 4 targets. Is this a schematic thing from Pittsburgh, limiting slot receivers, or with LAR was it case of shutting down their top option?

They doubled Kupp most the game because Cooks was out and no one else was a real threat. No way they are going to double Landry with OBJ out there. If anyone gets doubled, it’s gonna be him, 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... yep,  won't be long now 'til it's NBA level of putrid ... eff them, i'd rather eat cat chit with a knittin' needle than support that 🗣

Jarvis Landry saw 149 targets in his first year in Cleveland, equal to his four-year average in Miami. But he also experienced his worst catch percentage in his five years as a pro, 54.4%. He did howe

How does everyone feel about Landry tonight? Kupp getting 0.0 from the slot last week worries me but I feel like the Steelers concentrated on him all game. Same problems for Jarvis or will the attention be on OBJ/Chubb/Hunt? Rolling him out with confidence or caution? Or not rolling him at all?

Edited by CookiesOmNom
38 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

How does everyone feel about Landry tonight? Kupp getting 0.0 from the slot last week worries me but I feel like the Steelers concentrated on him all game. Same problems for Jarvis or will the attention be on OBJ/Chubb/Hunt? Rolling him out with confidence or caution? Or not rolling him at all?

Rolling him out there, but sure as hell ain't confident. Apparently he is going to start playing on the outside a bunch more with Higgins manning the slot when they go 3 Wide. Not entirely sure how I feel about that..

39 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I dont own him but its hard to sit someone with 33 targets in his last 3 games.

13 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont own him but its hard to sit someone with 33 targets in his last 3 games.

Sure is, maybe I'm biased from watching the Steelers game last week but their defense looked legit. Been taking Landry in and out of my lineup all day. Makes it worse that I'm starting the Steelers D tonight ha 🤦

He’s finally starting to show the PPR consistency that caused many of us to draft him in the high mid rounds. I remember seeing some talking head after week 6 saying he was an easy drop because of how bad the Browns looked. Hope nobody listened to that. 

22 minutes ago, CooL said:

He’s finally starting to show the PPR consistency that caused many of us to draft him in the high mid rounds. I remember seeing some talking head after week 6 saying he was an easy drop because of how bad the Browns looked. Hope nobody listened to that. 

Lol, Landry on the waivers.....that would be a sight to see

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bunch of baby athletes. lol Contracts mean nothing in professional sports. The players own the league. lol

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Jarvis Landry is one of "multiple" Browns players who yelled "Come get me" to the Cardinals' sideline on Sunday.

It's the same line Odell Beckham reportedly shouted at various teams earlier this year. Landry was shown in a heated spat with coach Freddie Kitchens on the sideline Sunday but the latter downplayed the scene in his weekly press conference, stating it "doesn't surprise him" since he likes the "energy" and "passion the guys plays with." Cleveland's been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster despite their subpar 6-8 record, having any bright blips consistently overshadowed by off-field issues and unwarranted drama. Whether it's Kitchens' fault or not doesn't matter since the team will still undoubtedly hold onto him for another year to not admit their own mistakes. The Browns cap off their underwhelming campaign against AFC North foes Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Dec 16, 2019, 2:48 PM ET
1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Bunch of baby athletes. lol Contracts mean nothing in professional sports. The players own the league. lol

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Jarvis Landry is one of "multiple" Browns players who yelled "Come get me" to the Cardinals' sideline on Sunday.

It's the same line Odell Beckham reportedly shouted at various teams earlier this year. Landry was shown in a heated spat with coach Freddie Kitchens on the sideline Sunday but the latter downplayed the scene in his weekly press conference, stating it "doesn't surprise him" since he likes the "energy" and "passion the guys plays with." Cleveland's been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster despite their subpar 6-8 record, having any bright blips consistently overshadowed by off-field issues and unwarranted drama. Whether it's Kitchens' fault or not doesn't matter since the team will still undoubtedly hold onto him for another year to not admit their own mistakes. The Browns cap off their underwhelming campaign against AFC North foes Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Dec 16, 2019, 2:48 PM ET

... yep,  won't be long now 'til it's NBA level of putrid ... eff them, i'd rather eat cat chit with a knittin' needle than support that 🗣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anybody starting him this week? (Assuming he didn't completely screw you over last week)

Had a great game last time against the Ravens and they most likely will be trailing and forced to throw. Could his riff with Kitchens result in more opportunities this week or is that wishful thinking?