NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Tropicana stadium is such a dump the Rays need to be moved from there.  Sitting for 20 minutes now because of a power outage.

yea this is insane.  they should be forced to forfeit if their poverty stadium doesnt have electricity  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kramjam24 said:

What was his pitch count at? How did he look?

He looked insane lol 80 pitches and K'd his last batter. Very impressive in all aspects. Command, mound presence, and a dirty slider had the Rangers looking stupid all day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Babying pitchers only turns them into babies. It’s a travesty. 10 years from now, starting pitchers will be lucky to throw 50 pitches.

This. Like babying these guys has cut down on TJ or something. Ridiculous 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, exaulz said:

Babying pitchers only turns them into babies. It’s a travesty. 10 years from now, starting pitchers will be lucky to throw 50 pitches.

Agree.Bob Ryan of the Globe once referred to pitch counts as creeping LaRussaism.  Pitch counts are rhe worst aspect of sabermetrics. Let pitchers pitch. That builds arm strnghth. You’d also could get rid of a couple mediocre relievers for bench bats.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Martin taken out after 80 pitches after a brilliant 5.1 IP 9 Ks 1 BB. I don’t get it. They are afraid he might give up another hit or god forbid allow another run. Baby stuff

6 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Agreed on both of your posts.  His season high in the minors this year was 90, so I knew he wasn't going to go too deep into the game, but they still could have left him in to try to finish the 6th.  Still, hard to complain too much unless I was in a QS league.  He was very good today.

The whole babying pitchers thing might be better for some other thread or whatever though as this is just about today's games, but like I already said, I agree.  Both Snell and Martin got taken out before they really should have today.  Luckily I'm not in a QS start league or I probably would have thrown my laptop out the window.