NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nicky Lopez 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, slowride said:

Looking at his minor league stats I don't know why people expected him to light the base paths on fire.  If you only take his first 30 games in AAA this season, and completely ignore all his stats previously, then I suppose disappointment was bound to ensue.  I see a guy who'll get you runs, walks, and 10 to 15 steals over a full season.  And for the person asking if he hits the ball in the air the answer is not really.

So, I guess what you're saying is that he is who you thought he was?  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect nothing and am prepared to be disappointed.  We should all temper our projections.   Please let him be great.  I finally nabbed a call-up, for once, I need this guy to deliver.  Top 5 RO

Not really.  In fantasy you put a TEAM together to cover all stats.  No one in a competitive league owns a full roster of 5 tool guys.  Nicky will bring Steals and average and OBP and OPS stats.  Also

Batting 2nd and playing 2nd base.  Here weego!

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

So, I guess what you're saying is that he is who you thought he was?  

Yes, that is obviously the case.  Extrapolate from that, however, and if you're holding solely in hope of a savior to your bag count you should move on.  There are worse bench options out there to plug and play for runs/walks, though.  I mean...he's not totally worthless.

2 hours ago, slowride said:

Looking at his minor league stats I don't know why people expected him to light the base paths on fire.  If you only take his first 30 games in AAA this season, and completely ignore all his stats previously, then I suppose disappointment was bound to ensue.  I see a guy who'll get you runs, walks, and 10 to 15 steals over a full season.  And for the person asking if he hits the ball in the air the answer is not really.

I agree on the stolen bases. I’ve looked over his numbers and he’s not a big contributor in the stolen base category. He stole a few bases on the minors but he got caught a lot as well.

i wasn’t banking on a bunch of homeruns but he seems to only hit ground balls. 

Its still early but I was expecting a McNeil type of player. Not alot of power or speed but can hit for average/OBP and score some runs and maybe chip in 8 homers and 10-15 steals over the course of a season. 

I’ll see what he does this week and then maybe move on if he doesn’t play well. 

The royals need to drop him down to 8/9 so I can drop as well. He really fell off a cliff. I had him rostered for the OBP and the spot in the lineup but he’s done nothing with it and now striking out a lot...was never expecting steals anyway, but should have had at least 1 by now you would think.

12 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Had his first good game tonight since being promoted.  Was his awful start to his MLB career more due to bad luck than anything else?

No, it was due to me because I immediately got him off the waiver wire when he got called up.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...