NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PAShaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PAPerez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PAHiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio    

Updated 162 game average- .317/.383/.592 46 HR/25 SB

So the Brewers just got swept by the Padres. In those three games check out these stats: Hernan Perez: 0/10, 3 K, 6 Men left on base. Travis Shaw: 0/7, 5K, 2 Men Left on base Jesus Agui

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

I say if Shaw strikes out more than 3x today.. Hiura comes back tomorrow ... but if Shaw gets on base more than once we are doomed and we will never see Hiura again this season

Robot-Confused.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Brewers have been outscored by 16 runs since sending down Hiura.

spacer.png

By the Dolphins too.  Didn’t think this offense with no QB could put up 16.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

By the Dolphins too.  Didn’t think this offense with no QB could put up 16.  

Fitzmagic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

If you took a poll, the vast majority would say Aguilar (or Thames) should be gone. Not Shaw. And it’s been said here. 

Can Shaw man 1B? I’d like to see that experiment and leave Hiura at 2B. 

Has Thames been playing 1B regularly? He's swinging a pretty hot bat at the moment. I'm not sure they're going to give up on this little Aguilar/Thames platoon they have going...and Thames seems to be taking most of the starts lately. I just don't know if they've come in the OF or mostly 1B--I assume the latter.

Edited by nlm
On 6/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, OrangeCrush said:

So the tl;dr take home of this article, Hiura was on pace to gain about 139 days of MLB service time which may or may not be beyond the Super 2 threshold.  The lowest the super 2 cut off has been over the past 10 years is 122 of accrued service days.  Which would mean 17+ days down in the minors for them to be safe that he won't qualify. Sound about right?

7 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So the tl;dr take home of this article, Hiura was on pace to gain about 139 days of MLB service time which may or may not be beyond the Super 2 threshold.  The lowest the super 2 cut off has been over the past 10 years is 122 of accrued service days.  Which would mean 17+ days down in the minors for them to be safe that he won't qualify. Sound about right?

Exactly. The lowest that has ever been in the recent years is 122. I think it's at least another 2 weeks before the Super 2 is no longer applicable.

It's definitely a smart move for a GM and Coach to send down a hot prospect while battling the Cubs for a division because they are worried about a contract 5 years away that they may not even be around to see happen. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

It's definitely a smart move for a GM and Coach to send down a hot prospect while battling the Cubs for a division because they are worried about a contract 5 years away that they may not even be around to see happen. 

I know it sucks he was sent down but the Brewers arent a team that can be in "Win Now" mode every year, they have to think ahead or theyll be screwed. If this truly is about service time (And it sure seems like it) then it just may be a smart move for a small market team.

*Ducks*

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Guys to play Devils Advocate, does he pitch? Cause the last 2 games were a result of poor pitching,  not hitting 

Of course. But looking specifically at Thames and Shaw, the offense has been awful. It’s just two games, I’m not sure anyone is saying they lost because Hiura. But is it possible the team was in a groove and lost some “mojo”? Who knows.

3 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

I know it sucks he was sent down but the Brewers arent a team that can be in "Win Now" mode every year, they have to think ahead or theyll be screwed. If this truly is about service time (And it sure seems like it) then it just may be a smart move for a small market team.

*Ducks*

Remember when the “smart move” for the Nats was to shut down Strasburg in the playoffs because they had a young core of stars and a large window to compete? Lol

Brewers should be focusing on winning now, when they can. Playing for the future is foolish.

• Like 2
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Remember when the “smart move” for the Nats was to shut down Strasburg in the playoffs because they had a young core of stars and a large window to compete? Lol

Brewers should be focusing on winning now, when they can. Playing for the future is foolish.

I can definitely see this side of it but the Brewers payroll is significantly less than even the Nats. Also the Strasburg thing was about the long term health of a player not money.

I get where youre coming from though, the window can be small.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Guys to play Devils Advocate, does he pitch? Cause the last 2 games were a result of poor pitching,  not hitting 

Even if they pitched great and lost because of hitting it would be impossible to attribute that to Hiura. The point is that the Brewers decrease their chances of winning games this year and thereby decrease their chances of making the  playoffs, winning a world series by intentionally playing an inferior lineup every day. 

• Like 1