NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PAShaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PAPerez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PAHiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio    

Updated 162 game average- .317/.383/.592 46 HR/25 SB

So the Brewers just got swept by the Padres. In those three games check out these stats: Hernan Perez: 0/10, 3 K, 6 Men left on base. Travis Shaw: 0/7, 5K, 2 Men Left on base Jesus Agui

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

twitter chatter from Brew fans and other baseball heads thinking maybe Hiura could be moved for an ace...trevor bauer specifically. Dont' shoot the messenger!

brewers are brutal at the corners.  moving moose to 3b and having hiura at 2b would help.  I don't see hiura as being expandable, although they desperately need an SP

18 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

twitter chatter from Brew fans and other baseball heads thinking maybe Hiura could be moved for an ace...trevor bauer specifically. Dont' shoot the messenger!

Not saying it’s impossible but I highly doubt it. I’ve read it on multiple occasions that he’s considered untouchable. As I mentioned recently he should be up this week and he gives them a better chance at making the playoffs this year with him in the lineup. He’ll be their 2nd baseman for the next several years. And no one is going to trade a top 10 prospect for Bauer.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

One more year of control over Hiura > making a wild card spot this year

I hope teams like the brewers, Cubs a and Braves miss the playoffs by 1 game.  

Refusing to sign players that you need to save a draft pick or service time is the worst.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

One more year of control over Hiura > making a wild card spot this year

13 minutes ago, 80version said:

Said nobody

Just now, 2ndCitySox said:

why

Actions speak louder than words 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

Why would the Brewers keep Hiura in the minors if they were thinking about trading him ?   

And Bauer's been struggling this year.   I would be surprised if the Brewers traded this kid for Bauer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

Not saying it’s impossible but I highly doubt it. I’ve read it on multiple occasions that he’s considered untouchable. As I mentioned recently he should be up this week and he gives them a better chance at making the playoffs this year with him in the lineup. He’ll be their 2nd baseman for the next several years. And no one is going to trade a top 10 prospect for Bauer.

Why do you think he will be up this week? Will the magical Super 2 be passed by then?

5 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Why do you think he will be up this week? Will the magical Super 2 be passed by then?

Yes, because he already accumulated some service time in May, his magical Super 2 date was pushed back compared to other players, like Yordan. I did the math on it and came up with yesterday or today as the "safe zone." Given that most teams wait a couple days after to be really safe, I think we could see him as soon as Tuesday. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Yes, because he already accumulated some service time in May, his magical Super 2 date was pushed back compared to other players, like Yordan. I did the math on it and came up with yesterday or today as the "safe zone." Given that most teams wait a couple days after to be really safe, I think we could see him as soon as Tuesday. 

So who do they send down? 

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

mortgage the future for a 1 game roll of the dice. nope

You ALWAYS try to win when you have the chance.  Not like the stupid Nationals who refused to use Strasburg in the playoffs that time because they wanted to "save him" for the future.  How did that work out?

And you don't mortgage the future.  You still have Hiura under the same amount of years of control.  You just don't push back arbitration a year is all. 

Arbitration does not = number of years of control.  It equals the amount of time you can get away paying him MLB's minimum wage.  Service time for Super 2 is totally different than service time for player control which usually is about a week or two into April, not June.  Oranges and apples.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You ALWAYS try to win when you have the chance.  Not like the stupid Nationals who refused to use Strasburg in the playoffs that time because they wanted to "save him" for the future.  How did that work out?

And you don't mortgage the future.  You still have Hiura under the same amount of years of control.  You just don't push back arbitration a year is all. 

Arbitration does not = number of years of control.  It equals the amount of time you can get away paying him MLB's minimum wage.  Service time for Super 2 is totally different than service time for player control which usually is about a week or two into April, not June.  Oranges and apples.

im talking about trading him for bauer.

i agree 1 extra year shouldn't matter. especially with a lot of teams locking down there studs early like ATL did before their rookie contracts are up

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

im talking about trading him for bauer.

i agree 1 extra year shouldn't matter. especially with a lot of teams locking down there studs early like ATL did before their rookie contracts are up

Oh okay I missed that. I agree it is a terrible trade idea since Bauer is falling apart this year.  Go after some cheaper vet fill-in having a good year like an Anibal Sanchez for next to nothing in comparison.  But don't trade someone who could end up as your most important position player next to Yelich and possibly the Moose.

The Brewers need to move on from Shaw period, how much is he being paid? I agree that Moose at 3rd and Hiura at 2nd is the best for the team.

Shaw must be making good money or he would've been benched already, dude isn't even hitting .200 I don't think.

Shaw just went yard today to further complicate the issue...he could get going

• Haha 2

It makes zero sense to try and trade Hiura while he's still in the minors. That said, as a Tribe fan, I'll gladly take a franchise 2B in exchange for Bauer's dumb a**.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Shaw just went yard today to further complicate the issue...he could get going

I can’t remember If it was “Little Big League” or some other baseball classic movie, but this reminds me of a scene in one of them. When the over the hill, nice guy, past his prime vet sucks but he gets a seeing eye single and is like “see I still got it” when everything else has shown he’s washed up...this is that. I really hope Counsell is not thinking this like this post. Shaw is a bench bat. Stop trying to turn every small spark into a fire. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh man that is one of my FAVE examples. 

You likely know I have used that infinite times.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

mortgage the future for a 1 game roll of the dice. nope

so you sacrifice one chance at a post season to gain one chance at a post season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2