NBC Sports Edge Forums

9 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

To be fair though, the Brewers as a team havent been challenging for a World Series in many of those years. Theyve only made the playoffs twice in that time, including last season. So there havent been many opportunities to make a run.

Yeah, I hear that. I'm a Brewers fan. I've been wishing they would go get a front line starter for a couple years, as I knew they had a chance to win the WS. Instead they have abused the bullpen, dealt away D. Santana, kept old guys, and held back Hiura (for example). Just not a fan of the recent management, on SOME things they do. Hope they get back to the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PAShaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PAPerez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PAHiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio    

Updated 162 game average- .317/.383/.592 46 HR/25 SB

So the Brewers just got swept by the Padres. In those three games check out these stats: Hernan Perez: 0/10, 3 K, 6 Men left on base. Travis Shaw: 0/7, 5K, 2 Men Left on base Jesus Agui

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They need bats just as much right now with Shaw, the 1B  platoon mess, and even Cain failing.  And Bumgarner would be a negative rental because have you seen his pitching line this season?  He makes Milwaukee pitchers look like aces by comparison.  His last outing lasted 3.2 innings for an ERA of over 14.  No way you give up a great, top ranked prospect like Hirua for trash like that.

I'm sure the Brewers wanted to move Shaw or the current 1B platoon comedy team for pitching and hoped they looked good enough to get a pitcher but that isn't happening.  But Plan B is not to suddenly give away this season totally -- and the seasons to come (Hirua) -- for a garbage rental.  Hirua staying on the team gives them their best shot for this year.

Are we so sure about that?

• Even with that mess as you saying this Milwaukee offensive team is 6th in runs, 4th in OBP & 5th in SLG in the NL. 
  • Bumgarner would be the Milwaukee ace.
  • Bumgarner has 11 QS in 16 games started ... the best in Milwaukee is Brandon Woodruff with 7 in 16. Zack Davies has 6 ....

I don’t see the Brewers trading Hiura 

Edited by shakestreet

Sad to think Bum would be their ace if they got him.  The guy stinks now and benefits a lot from pitching in his home park.  Take him out of that park and he is going to get worse, not better.  A Bum trade for Hiura would be right up there with getting Archer for Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows.  And Bum would be just a 3 month rental besides.  Fools gold compared to the real deal in Hiura.

Deal some lesser prospects and trade for more relievers and try openers instead.  One shaky, used to be good two years back, rental pitcher isn't going to do it.  (Besides the Yankees could outbid the Brewers if they want him).  Meanwhile Hiura provides a spark to the whole club and fan base.

24 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

• Even with that mess as you saying this Milwaukee offensive team is 6th in runs, 4th in OBP & 5th in SLG in the NL. 
  • Bumgarner has 11 QS in 16 games started ... the best in Milwaukee is Brandon Woodruff with 7 in 16. Zack Davies has 6 ....

Brewers have also been outscored overall this season.

38 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

6th out of 15 teams in runs isn’t all that great. And that said, almost all of that production comes from 3 hitters. Yelich, Moustakas, Grandal are the only + hitters right now. The rest are negative hitters. So yeah, that lineup is extremely flawed and only being propped up by 3 career seasons.

8 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Tonight: 3/4, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI.

Hernan Perez played second base last night and is hitting .083 in the last 14 days.

This situation is so far past the point of ridiculous that ive become numb to it.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Just added, so he will be up by the weekend guys...I HOPE. 

I'm with u. I missed the Hiura mania the first go round. He recently hit the wire in a couple of spots. Everything im reading is saying he should be back up anytime. No reason for him not to be.

Even bland Rotoworld Guy is getting pissed off:

Wed, Jun 26

Brewers 2B prospect Keston Hiura went 3-4 with a homer and a double on Tuesday for Triple-A San Antonio.

Advice: Hiura's homer is the 19th of the season, and the the 24th if you include the five he hit for Milwaukee before his totally fair and just demotion. Hopefully the sarcasm is noticeable. Hiura has multi-hit games in three of his last four games, and his OPS in the PCL is up to 1.104. It's absolutely silly that he's not playing for the Brewers right now.

(Rotoworld.com)

• Haha 4

with most everything that goes on these days with regard to "news" of any kind, you have reporters that reach out to the source for questions. i've not seen one quote or comment from the brewers org as to why they're keeping him in the minors right now, when super 2 has clearly passed. has anyone seen anything where the FO gave an indication as to what they're thinking?

they've lost quite a few close games recently... has anybody asked the management team whether or not they believe hiura could have helped win some of those close games? i don't mean the coach interview after the game, i'm referring to the management team who makes the decisions on promotions/demotions. the front office bros.

are milwaukee beat writers afraid they'll ruin their rep/access to the team if they ask pointed/difficult questions to the management? are they giving a "no comment" response or not returning calls? seems odd to not have answers, even if they're b.s.

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

with most everything that goes on these days with regard to "news" of any kind, you have reporters that reach out to the source for questions. i've not seen one quote or comment from the brewers org as to why they're keeping him in the minors right now, when super 2 has clearly passed. has anyone seen anything where the FO gave an indication as to what they're thinking?

they've lost quite a few close games recently... has anybody asked the management team whether or not they believe hiura could have helped win some of those close games? i don't mean the coach interview after the game, i'm referring to the management team who makes the decisions on promotions/demotions. the front office bros.

are milwaukee beat writers afraid they'll ruin their rep/access to the team if they ask pointed/difficult questions to the management? are they giving a "no comment" response or not returning calls? seems odd to not have answers, even if they're b.s.

I think this is the key. Anytime the question is asked, we get the same BS answer.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

I think this is the key. Anytime the question is asked, we get the same BS answer.

but what is this answer? that's kind of my point, i don't recall any justification being given since the original demotion (shaw-the-veteran deserves to right the ship), which was almost three weeks ago, and many losses ago. i find it hard to believe nobody has re-questioned what the plan is and when enough is enough, let shaw work on his issues in the minors. he has options, and therefore so do the brewers.

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

but what is this answer? that's kind of my point, i don't recall any justification being given since the original demotion (shaw-the-veteran deserves to right the ship), which was almost three weeks ago, and many losses ago. i find it hard to believe nobody has re-questioned what the plan is and when enough is enough, let shaw work on his issues in the minors. he has options, and therefore so do the brewers.

This makes too much sense.  To defend otherwise seems weird at this point.

• Like 1

Is it possible that MIL is trying desperately to trade Shaw, Perez, etc to clear the spot but nobody is biting knowing full well the losses are piling up and said players will be next to free soon enough? I’d think Shaw would be scooped in a second if released, as his previous years warrant a kick the tires if free from 1/2 of baseball. 

9 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Is it possible that MIL is trying desperately to trade Shaw, Perez, etc to clear the spot but nobody is biting knowing full well the losses are piling up and said players will be next to free soon enough? I’d think Shaw would be scooped in a second if released, as his previous years warrant a kick the tires if free from 1/2 of baseball. 

Shaw is on a $4.675M contract this year and is arbitration-eligible the next two. That arbitration value should be a bucket of ball and some chew after this season. Based on how Counsell talks about him you'd think he's an unmovable franchise cornerstone. I can't imagine he has any trade value at this juncture.

Edited by TribeFoo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TribeFoo said:

Shaw is on a $4.675M contract this year and is arbitration-eligible the next two. That arbitration value should be about $10 after this season. Based on how Counsell talks about him you'd think he's an unmovable franchise cornerstone. I can't imagine he has any trade value at this juncture.

When you say $10, you mean ten dollars correct? Because after this year he’d be crazy to fight against any offer above twenty. 

Yeah, like everyone else, it’s dumfounding and the losses feel like they are going to haunt come seasons end. While MIL can hit, they don’t exactly have a plethora of pitching to be thinking like WAS was once upon a time when they sat Stras feeling they had a huge window of success to follow. MIL needs to seize the moment as that park, and lack of pitching both now and near future doesn’t bode well for any sustained success. Somebody’s getting fired if they don’t make the playoffs, and the talking heads and press at large will use this debauchery as an example in other articles, sound bites, and such for years to come. It’s one of the stranger things a team has done in some time if nothing else. 

7 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Shaw is on a $4.675M contract this year and is arbitration-eligible the next two. That arbitration value should be a bucket of ball and some chew after this season. Based on how Counsell talks about him you'd think he's an unmovable franchise cornerstone. I can't imagine he has any trade value at this juncture.

That is not how arb works, he will actually get a pay increase through the system...IF he were to be tendered in the first place (unlikely barring a crazy turnaround).

Brewers need to stop worrying about these guys and their vet feelings...too many young guys (lead by Keston obv) are doing well in upper levels.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Might have something to do with the fact that Counsell and Shaw's dad, Jeff, played together for a year on the Dodgers in '99. Makes you think... 🧐

• Like 1