NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PAShaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PAPerez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PAHiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio    

Updated 162 game average- .317/.383/.592 46 HR/25 SB

So the Brewers just got swept by the Padres. In those three games check out these stats: Hernan Perez: 0/10, 3 K, 6 Men left on base. Travis Shaw: 0/7, 5K, 2 Men Left on base Jesus Agui

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PA
Shaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PA
Perez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PA
Hiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio

giphy.gif

Is this since he was sent back down, I assume?

4 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Those stats basically show me the Brewers are consistent at giving inconsistent at bats to all of their struggling players. Moving time is coming. This will resolve itself soon enough. 

No doubt. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t up within a week. But at this point it’s not even about that or my fantasy team, it pi$$es me off as a baseball fan. 

Since Hiura was sent down, the Brewers have lost 11 games. 5 of those have been by 2 runs or fewer. They are 1 game back of the Cubs in the Central and fighting for a playoff spot.

Their pitching has been awful. But they’re running out these has-beens and keeping down a legit, elite bat who should be helping them win now. 

As others have said, it doesn’t seem like they’re getting much pushback from their media. And I too hope they miss the playoffs by 1-2 games. Grandal and Moustakas on one-year deals. Will serve them right.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

Is it possible that MIL is trying desperately to trade Shaw, Perez, etc to clear the spot but nobody is biting knowing full well the losses are piling up and said players will be next to free soon enough? I’d think Shaw would be scooped in a second if released, as his previous years warrant a kick the tires if free from 1/2 of baseball. 

Shaw won't be free. He has options left.  They can stash him down at AAA anytime.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Aguilar: .250/.364/.393, 1 HR in 33 PA
Shaw: .143/.265/.286, 2 HR in 49 PA
Perez: .161/.206/.194, 0 HR in 35 PA
Hiura: .307/.395/.627, 7 HR in 86 PA for Triple-A San Antonio

giphy.gif

Well those numbers have been like that three months..

your point is ...

18 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Well, they’re asking at least.

Which translates to, “Guys, I get it and TRUST me I’m as confused as the rest of you... but for the sake of my job, I must toe the line and read the secret memo over and over till my boss says otherwise. Is my lip quivering? I’m struggling to keep a straight face and make eye contact... I’ll secret wink I’M SORRY in Morse code if it helps!” 

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 3

The Brewers are trying to get Shaw or Aguilar going alittle so they can move one or both for a SP, Shaw is making 4.6 mil this year so they would have to eat some of that. But the Brewers are not the Yankees, they can’t just give guys making this much away. So that’s the question I asked last week, if you have all these veterans who do you send down to make room. It’s not as easy as just sending Shaw down.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Translation: "We don't understand the service time math any better than yall do, so we're just playing it safe until we know for sure we've properly and successfully manipulated his service time." 

32 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

The Brewers are trying to get Shaw or Aguilar going alittle so they can move one or both for a SP, Shaw is making 4.6 mil this year so they would have to eat some of that. But the Brewers are not the Yankees, they can’t just give guys making this much away. So that’s the question I asked last week, if you have all these veterans who do you send down to make room. It’s not as easy as just sending Shaw down.

Lol they’re not getting a SP for either Shaw or Aguilar. If they think that, they’re even dumber than I previously thought.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Same BS answer over and over. Yeah, where is that line? It's the end of June! 

A great follow up question would’ve been, “How many games are you willing to give away trying to let these guys ‘get going?’”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Sorry, I’ll answer the question asked. Shaw has options. You send him down. Grandal is on a one-year deal. Moose is on a one-year deal. You think the smart move is to slow-play Hiura into the next couple years and forget about putting your best team out there this year? So next year you lose those two, have Yelich and Hiura and a 34 year old Lorenzo Cain and are just bad enough again? That makes sense?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Lol. Shaw and Aguilar literally have negative value around the league right now. You don’t need to work in an MLB front office to see that. The Brewers are incompetent. There’s no excuses left to justify how much they mishandled this situation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

It's not a surprising response.  However, you can actually see it in his face that he knows it's been long enough and is now at the ridiculous stage.    If you want to keep Shaw then get rid of someone else.  Not that hard to figure out...

3 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Sorry, I’ll answer the question asked. Shaw has options. You send him down. Grandal is on a one-year deal. Moose is on a one-year deal. You think the smart move is to slow-play Hiura into the next couple years and forget about putting your best team out there this year? So next year you lose those two, have Yelich and Hiura and a 34 year old Lorenzo Cain and are just bad enough again? That makes sense?

This is something that gets lost in the shuffle a lot. Milwaukee's window to win may be a little smaller than we realize. Moustakas will definitely get a multi-year deal this offseason (I know we've said this in the past but his value has skyrocketed this year), Grandal probably gets a really nice deal from somebody too. The Brewers minus Moustakas and Grandal take a solid hit, especially since they don't have a top-tier minor league system outside of Keston. They need to kick the tires on somebody.

5 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

They can't move them for pitching.  They stink.  A week or two of "getting them going" -- if it would actually work (which it won't) -- isn't going to up their value in the least.  And hitters have almost zero value even if good at the trade deadline.  And there are plenty of much better bats teams want to move as well than these two mega-slumpers.  Everyone wants pitching, not a batter let alone a bad batter.

And yes it is as easy as sending Shaw down.

5 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Lol they’re not getting a SP for either Shaw or Aguilar. If they think that, they’re even dumber than I previously thought.

So very true.  There is zero market for either of them.

This is their year with the Moose running loose as a FA next season.  But Milwaukee never heard of "Seize the moment" and has decided to seize defeat from the jaws of victory instead by refusing to put their best line-up out on the field.

• Like 2