NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brendan Rodgers 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take Mark Reynolds behind the barn and give him the Old Yeller treatment.   Put Ian Desmond on a raft, shove him down the river, and wave goodbye.   Keep Patty Barrels on the bench as a util

Lol holy s*** they’ve given Mark Reynolds 100+ at bats already to waffle away to a .200 clip.  Some managers like Pete Rose got off on gambling on his team, some like Lou Piniella got off on screaming

Posted Images

As a Rockies fan, it's frustrating we like to sit our top young players as often as this, and it's even more painful as a Rodgers owner. 

The Rox really put themselves in a situation like this adding too many vet FA's. Rodgers should be playing every day, with his pedigree and ability to help us win, and Murphy and McMahon should be splitting time at 1b. Reynolds shouldn't even be on this ball club. 

• Like 2
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, Watermock said:

As a Rockies fan, it's frustrating we like to sit our top young players as often as this, and it's even more painful as a Rodgers owner. 

The Rox really put themselves in a situation like this adding too many vet FA's. Rodgers should be playing every day, with his pedigree and ability to help us win, and Murphy and McMahon should be splitting time at 1b. Reynolds shouldn't even be on this ball club. 

Daniel Murphy is still good enough not to be a platoon player. Rox just have too many good players, and Mcmahon has been playing well. It makes total sense that they are benching Rodgers as much as they are. All this Rockies hate on the coach/management doesn't seem justified. 

58 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Daniel Murphy is still good enough not to be a platoon player. Rox just have too many good players, and Mcmahon has been playing well. It makes total sense that they are benching Rodgers as much as they are. All this Rockies hate on the coach/management doesn't seem justified. 

The hate is definitely justified. Not specifically because of Rodgers, but this is a team that consistently has made bad moves like giving big money to Parra and Desmond. It would be one thing if those players actually were decent, but they're not. And the Rockies have had young players that could have taken those roles. In this case, McMahon has hit fine. I'd agree with that. But it makes one wonder why call up Rodgers at all? He should be playing...somewhere. Just an all around weird decision. The Rockies have been mismanaged for while now and this is just another example.

• Like 2
On 5/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, bradwatson said:

Clearly no you don't. And it's been 4 games... This board loves to freak out. I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I know, I was being sarcastic. I love to say I told you this would happen.

10 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

Is this now just a situation to avoid? Any reason to believe? I keep waiting for him to get send down. 

I think the 7 game homestead with 4 lefties in a row might be a good last stand for him. I just don't have any faith in the playing time though.

13 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

Is this now just a situation to avoid? Any reason to believe? I keep waiting for him to get send down. 

The Rockies sit him enough to show they don't currently believe in him

• Haha 1

I know SSS don't mean much for splits this early, but I would think it might make sense to play Rodgers vs. righties and let McMahon continue to CRUSH lefties (because he's not hitting righties) lol.  

The Rockies need pitching. They should trade this kid away if they insist on wasting him in the minors and now on their major league bench. 

9 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Any thoughts on him ROS?

I dropped. I like the upside appeal but it looks like they prefer McMahon. If McMahon got injured or disappeared I would pick Rodgers back up

47 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Any thoughts on him ROS?

Not rosterable at the moment in standard type re drafts, but someone (along with m Mahon) that you keep both eyes on daily.  

On 5/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, Fantasy_Goat said:

Please send him back down for regular ABs. 

You got your wish.

Sat, Jun 15

Rockies optioned INF Brendan Rodgers to Triple-A Albuquerque.

Advice: The 22-year-old top prospect struggled in his time with the big league club, slashing .246/.300/.277 with no homers, seven RBI and a 22/4 K/BB ratio in 70 plate appearaces. He'll go back to playing everyday at Triple-A for the time being.

(Rotoworld.com)

Call up our top prospect.

Avoid giving him full time at bats at a position of need.

Jerk him around between the bench and starting lineup so he can't get comfortable.

Send him back down when he doesn't exceed expectations immediately.

#TheRockiesWay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1