NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2019 Outlook

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To those complaining about Breida's usage, here are the exact RB carries & catches in the order they played out yesterday: --SF drive #1 Breida 6 yard run  (SF gets a TD pass and goes up

[...] An 8th round pick just put up 132 yards and all I see is complaining. This thread should be a celebration of a late round RB pick that actually hit.

Whatever. Who was getting Goal Line work when Coleman was playing? Wilson was on the fricken practice squad. Breida 5-11" - 195 Wilson 6' - 194 My girlfriend says one inch makes ZERO differe

Posted Images

3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

This is all I found for McKinnon:

Contract Terms
3/14/2018: Signed a four-year, $30 million contract. Deal includes $15.7 million guaranteed and a $2 million signing bonus.

Coleman - $10MM two year

Breida - Pennies.

I think McKinnon will take over when healthy. Plus a SPARQ freak obv.

Id much prefer Tevin or Breida before Mckinnon, who knows thougb

Which means the 49ers wasted money on Coleman and McKinnon and should have gotten a pass rusher 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Crazy to me that all three guys over at cbs still have Coleman ranked 15-20rbs higher

Yeah almost every “expert” was 100% wrong on this one. Two guys have to go down for coleman to even sniff the field

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Breida is going to take the lead if he has not already.

Barring injury, he is the best RB on the field for this team.

Agreed. He's listed as the RB1 on the 49ers official webpage depth chart. 

• Like 1

That is fantastic news for those of us that drafted him,

I got him in the Round 7 and considered it a steal. 

I got him in the 10th in two different leagues.  Easily one of the most current undervalued players.

• Like 2

WOW, He was electric last year when healthy.  I had him on my team and his injuries were beyond frustrating.  ( I lost that year) .  But, his talent is undeniable,  People are getting him in the 9th and 10 rounds........Holy crap this guy is undervalued. Get him while people sleep on him folks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

WOW, He was electric last year when healthy.  I had him on my team and his injuries were beyond frustrating.  ( I lost that year) .  But, his talent is undeniable,  People are getting him in the 9th and 10 rounds........Holy crap this guy is undervalued. Get him while people sleep on him folks!

I’m honestly wondering if I should consider selling high in my league

If you have him as your number 4.  Yes, he is a great player and a steal late. But, he is on a RBBC bad team, and...injury prone.   His stock is high right now.  You could get a stud QB for him if a guy has two on his roster, or even a breakout WR.    ( Sutton, Dj Moore, Jeffrey?)    Who are your other backs?

If you have him as your number 4.  Yes, he is a great player and a steal late. But, he is on a RBBC bad team, and...injury prone.   His stock is high right now.  You could get a stud QB for him if a guy has two on his roster, or even a breakout WR.    ( Sutton, Dj Moore, Jeffrey?)    Who are your other backs?

I play in a keeper league/12 team PPR. Kept Kamara and Mixon. Took Carson with first pick and handcuffed him with Penny.... also took Justin Jackson and Alexander Mattison as my other RBs

We've been through this, but the injury thing is overblown as is the RBBC IMO. Yes he'll share mostly with Coleman but even then can still be getting enough touches to be worth a roster spot and occasional start...maybe more than occasional. 

• Like 1

Wow.  yes  sell high, you have enough to carry you through the season already.

It depends on if you are weak at the other positions as well.  Breida, as great as he is, is going to have good and bad weeks and it is a dart throw what that week lands on.I would trade for a weekly starter, that can blow up as the season progresses.  Now is the time if your going to do it.

I love Breida, but he can really turn or burn your week if you rely to heavily on him.   I would start him depending on match-up as a Flex/ RB3 or as a bye week fill.  You can get more right now on trade.  IMO