NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

Hopefully we will get some news tomorrow.  The Cowboys will be in desperation mode after their third straight loss, so they will run Cooper out there against Philly if at all possible, I predict.

This seems like a pain tolerance injury to me, Gurley wasn’t able to play 10 days after suffering one so we’ll see. Just a hunch though but if he gets a long term contract in the next week I think he’ll heal a lot quicker. 

23 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

This seems like a pain tolerance injury to me, Gurley wasn’t able to play 10 days after suffering one so we’ll see. Just a hunch though but if he gets a long term contract in the next week I think he’ll heal a lot quicker. 

I'm not convinced that Gurley's injury was just a thigh contusion.  

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, atdharris said:

If he doesn't play and Devante Adams doesn't play, I am going to be in for a rough week.

You can probably already count out Adams - highly doubt he plays this week.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Confirmed a bruised thigh.

Fwiw, David Chao thinks it's an aggravation of his previous quad strain.    Said he watched the tape and didn't see anything that would cause a bruised thigh. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Fwiw, David Chao thinks it's an aggravation of his previous quad strain.    Said he watched the tape and didn't see anything that would cause a bruised thigh. 

Garret said he came into the game with a thigh bruise already and aggravated it on the first drive. I’ll try to find the article where I saw that and link it.

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27846841/cowboys-wr-amari-cooper-availability-vs-eagles-question-source-says%3fplatform=amp

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1

With the bye week looming and seeing how he already reaggravated the injury it would make sense to go ahead and sit him out for this week. I'm pretty much ignoring Cooper as if this is already true heading into this week. 

• Like 1
On 10/14/2019 at 6:19 AM, CooL said:

The always right and always helpful Rapoport says he has a “thigh bruise” and that it can be painful. No other info. So I guess we wait some more.

I think I know Cooper’s injury & it isn’t something that goes away quickly. I actually kept playing on a deep quad bruise back in HS & contact on it still hurts to this day. A bruise is broken blood vessels & if it’s deep enough, it’s difficult for the blood to escape. This causes pooling & ossification, which happened to me. An x-ray now shows essentially bone chips throughout my quad. Running is possible, but contact is really painful, causing more swelling & less flexibility. 
It’s possible he plays, but will probably be ineffective & mostly be a decoy to avoid contact. Don’t expect much from him if he plays, especially with their bye the next week 

Edited by lvsaint429
7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How would we know which of these is worth starting if Cooper misses the game?

Michael Gallup

Randall Cobb

Tavon Austin

Wilson

Devin Smith

??

Gallup plays the Cooper role the best so I would think it'd be him leading in targets. He had some disappointing drops the last game though. Witten would get a bump in td looks though.