NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

Amari Cooper (quad) is not practicing Wednesday.

Cooper is legitimately questionable to suit up Sunday night against the Eagles, so fantasy owners need to have a backup plan in place. This could go down to the wire as a game-time call. Randall Cobb (back) was also DNP Wednesday.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How would we know which of these is worth starting if Cooper misses the game?

Michael Gallup

Randall Cobb

Tavon Austin

Wilson

Devin Smith

??

Cobb and Smith were hurt last game but Smith is expected back this week and Cobb will likely be a game-time decision.  I think that Gallup is the only sure start and it's hard to know who the second guy will be.

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is this proven? Why waste a roster spot in a game for a decoy? I dont agree with it if this actually happens in the NFL.

Defense would still have to plan for him, and have their top corner on him. I agree with you here, but I have seen this with Julio in the past lol

La'El Collins (knee), Amari Cooper (ankle/quad), Byron Jones (hamstring), Zack Martin (ankle/back) and Tyron Smith (ankle) will also be on hand for Friday's session, the last practice work the Cowboys will get before their primetime showdown with Philadelphia Sunday night. Friday will mark the first reps Cobb has seen since injuring his back at practice last week. With Cobb and Cooper both question marks for Sunday, last-man-standing Michael Gallup should be a home run fantasy play, particularly given all the injury and bye-week carnage.

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, all injured Cowboys with the exception of CB Anthony Brown (hamstring) are expected to play in Sunday's Week 7 game against the Eagles.

I won't believe it until I hear he gets in a full practice. 

His home/away splits are ridiculous, His stats against the eagles are ridiculous. He’s playing at home against the eagles who have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL so if  he plays you play him it’s pretty simple.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1