NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

They stuck with it and didn't win so I have to disagree. Dallas offense has always been designed to play keep away with the run game and win time of possession, keep their defense fresh, wear down the opposing team. This didn't happen. The Vikings won TOP significantly. It was obvious from the beginning Minnesota's plan was to shut down middle runs. They never effectively adjusted besides passing more and they lost. Dallas offense looks predictable again. How many carries did Pollard get? One. He needed to be more involved from the start. 

Dallas had the game.. marched down the entire field via passes.. got to red zone and tried to run it twice and settled for FG.. next series.. march down field via passes, get to redzone.. 2 more rushes for no yards and then a forced pass to zeke to end the game. Offensive coordinator was out to lunch 

• Like 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Dallas had the game.. marched down the entire field via passes.. got to red zone and tried to run it twice and settled for FG.. next series.. march down field via passes, get to redzone.. 2 more rushes for no yards and then a forced pass to zeke to end the game. Offensive coordinator was out to lunch 

Totally agree. Pass was working very well, in part because of Vikings focusing on jamming up the tackle box, plus Cooper is just elite. They should have come out in the second half mixing in Pollard, running outside more, test the edges and make the Vikings defend side to side. Run some fly sweeps. Boot action. Something. The run game has become very predictable. It works against most teams because the offensive line is so dominant, but they need to be able to adjust when they are having trouble against a very good front seven like the Vikings have. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Not to mention forcing what's his face to fair catch no matter what.  Not having enough trust in the player to make an on field decision.

17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Not to mention forcing what's his face to fair catch no matter what.  Not having enough trust in the player to make an on field decision.

MAN he had the entire left side of the field open.. they would have def been a TD if it was earlier in the game and they didnt force him to call fair catch

Just now, BeefDaddy said:

MAN he had the entire left side of the field open.. they would have def been a TD if it was earlier in the game and they didnt force him to call fair catch

Yeah he did. He had a lane on the left side and only fat dudes on that side of the field. Even a gain would 10-15 yards would have change the complexion of that game since they had such limited time left (20 seconds or so if i recall correctly)

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Rather have him than Julio or OBJ

Okay, yeah. Because Julio as a WR7 is so far off from Cooper as a WR5 right now. What? How about not even putting Julio in the same conversation as OBJ. That's pretty damn insulting to Julio. You are basically calling the best WR of our generation 💩.

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Okay, yeah. Because Julio as a WR7 is so far off from Cooper as a WR5 right now. What? How about not even putting Julio in the same conversation as OBJ. That's pretty damn insulting to Julio. You are basically calling the best WR of our generation 💩.

Just to be clear, you are calling Julio the best WR of this generation?

🐘

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Tryna get paid so he’s in there, but so am I 😂. Coulda used a few more points  out of him but I love a nail biter on MNF. Slay looked better than he did most of the season, tonight.

Nail biter on MNF you say 🤔? I'll look for you on the Vent and Rant thread tomorrow 😂 just kidding man. Good luck. 

• Haha 1

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he expects Amari Cooper (knee) to play in Week 12 against the Patriots.

He also indicated DeMarcus Lawrence and RT La'el Collins (knee) should be good to go. Cooper mustered through 55 percent of Dallas' offensive snaps on Sunday as he continues fighting through various knee and ankle limitations down the home stretch. With Amari banged up, Randall Cobb should be a focal point on waiver wires since he's totaled 16/256/2 as fantasy's WR10 over his last three games. Barring any reported workload management, Cooper will remain a WR1 if active.

Amari Cooper (knee) was a full participant for Wednesday's practice.

He's expected to start opposite Stephon Gilmore and the Patriots despite battling knee and ankle injuries the past few weeks. Consider Cooper a low-end WR1 even in this tough spot given his 22 percent target share and team-high seven receiving touchdowns on the season. Michael Gallup and Randal Cobb should also be treated as WR2/3s on Sunday since all three have ranked in the Top 11 at their position over the last three games.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MStreets said:

Tough decision starting him this week. I think you have to. but, It all comes down to who your other receivers are. 

I made a flow chart to help with this decision:

Start Cooper?  ————>  Yes

• Thanks 1

I know the saying "start your studs" but his home and away splits are terrible and on top of that its the NE defense that shuts down receivers.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE BALLS TO SIT THIS GUY? WOULD IF YOU NEED THIS WIN NO MATTER WHAT, ARE YOU STARTING HIM OR FLEXING SOMEONE ELSE TO GET THAT YOU KNOW WILL GET YOU AT LEAST 10 POINTS??

22 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

if you play in little 10 team leagues with 2 starting WRs, or even worse, 8 teamers, he is an obvious bench. 

I own him in a ten teamer with 2 starting WR and am starting him.  

Cooper has shown that when healthy he can get open against the best corners in the league.  Gilmore is no exception.  

Is there a chance he puts up a dud?  Sure.  But to bench a player of his caliber because you’re scared of the matchup is just bad managing.