Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Cowboys staff (including Jones) is a total joke. They've had so much damn talent over the years and can't even make the NFC Championship once. This year they have a solid QB, elite RB, elite WR, good line, great talent all over the defense, and they are likely to have a losing record.

Pathetic.

Who cares.   Only team with a fantasy top 6 QB, RB, and WR.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

What are we doing with him today?

 

i am going up against a juggernaut and need extreme upside. On one hand, I’m tempted to sit him due to Ramsey/injury

 

at the same time, it’s a home game against a team that has moved the ball well lately. I could see dLlas getting in an early hold and Dak having to throw a ton to get back in it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing. Ramsey is a concern, but the game is at home (where Amari has thrived) and it’s basically a must-win for Dallas. Amari is too good to completely shut down, so I’m just downgrading expectations a little. I also like that the Cowboys played on Thursday night in Week 14, so everybody should be well-rested coming into this game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

That was the worst. Literally 1 catch. A bunch of short passes to rb's andte's and a busted coverage for Austin.

Daks' hand must have been more injured than reported

Good point about Daks hand.   But also Cooper's usage is concerning.   He makes one catch and they feel like they need to pull him.

I haven't seen his snap count yet but there were times where they were in 3 WR sets and Cooper wasn't one of them.

All I a can assume is that he's still not even close to 100%.   Although with the way that game was going, it makes sense if they wanted to give him some rest.

Hopefully in a must win game against a bad Eagles secondary, they feed him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lla887 said:

Bounce back game next week against Philly


I’ve abandoned ship. I got him in the third round, so I can’t really complain, but I’d rather someone more stable. I don’t think he’ll ever truly be elite in Dallas. He vanishes far too often. They did that with Dez, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brbeaird said:

More and more leaking out about Dak being injured. Something seems very off about all this. Wouldn't blame anyone for benching them both.

There's some quote out there from Gallup.  Saying that Dak told him during the game that he wasn't going to make any throws on RPOs because of his shoulder.

Explains a lot about last game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

There's some quote out there from Gallup.  Saying that Dak told him during the game that he wasn't going to make any throws on RPOs because of his shoulder.

Explains a lot about last game.  

 

On 12/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, dashoe said:

That was the worst. Literally 1 catch. A bunch of short passes to rb's andte's and a busted coverage for Austin.

Daks' hand must have been more injured than reported

 

That's what I was thinking too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty low snap count last week.  Maybe they were just trying to make sure he was OK for this must win.   But that combined with Dak's shoulder is concerning.  But in a plus matchup like this, I don't think I can sit him.   Decent chance he gets loose for a long TD on a catch and run.  

Edited by K197040
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

dak and coooper will FEAST this week. Must win game and will expect big things from the #1's. We're fine here


Except Cooper and Dak are both playing hurt.  And Coop has been terrible on the road this season.  
 

This one could go either way 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a single coin flip outcome situation 😂

Recency bias of a 2pt game last week at home, the problem is fundamentally Dak throwing the ball.

You dont sit a QB an entire week and expect him to come blazing with pinpoint accuracy and timing on game day, particularlt on low percentage downfield passes.

The game plan last week reflected daks injury, plays for zeke, pollard, TE's and austin.  Dak practiced leading up to the rams and he is not parcticing this week

Why would last weeks successfull gameplan change this week?

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This is a single coin flip outcome situation 😂

Recency bias of a 2pt game last week at home, the problem is fundamentally Dak throwing the ball.

You dont sit a QB an entire week and expect him to come blazing with pinpoint accuracy and timing on game day, particularlt on low percentage downfield passes.

The game plan last week reflected daks injury, plays for zeke, pollard, TE's and austin.  Dak practiced leading up to the rams and he is not parcticing this week

Why would last weeks successfull gameplan change this week?

 

Cause Phill is dominant against the run and the iggles secondary is terribleness

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Cause Phill is dominant against the run and the iggles secondary is terribleness

 

and if the QB cant attack the secondary because of injury then it doesnt matter how terrible they are 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...