NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

On 8/29/2019 at 11:59 AM, Semitar said:

Does anyone feel this way?

not quite me.

i'd reasonably have him 9th to 12th. the upside is there. he was 6th in points the 2nd half after moving to a new team.

his ceiling is probably around 5th or 6th but he's getting dinged for coming into the year a little banged up. that adds risk and i generally try to avoid those types of guys... 

3 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

I guess I handcuffed him with Gallup. Feels silly cuffing a wr,  But this one could work. Don’t ever plan on starting Gallup unless coops out so I’d rather keep him on my bench than spend tons of faab if/when coop misses time

Really debating doing this too but haven’t pulled the trigger because there is no easy drops on my bench.  I think Gallup has stand alone value too so it is a smart move for Cooper owners 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Semitar said:

What type of impact do people anticipate that the Gallup injury will have for Cooper?

Hard to say.  Maybe he gets another couple targets.

Prescott has really been doing a nice job spreading the ball around these first two games and getting everybody involved.  I could see Devin Smith stepping in and getting some of Gallups targets.  Then maybe the rest of Gallups targets are spread to Coop, Cobb, Witten, Jarwin, etc.

I really don't think it changes things much for Cooper.  If anything, maybe it hurts him a tad IMO because defenses might be able to shade a little more his way.

7 minutes ago, Semitar said:

What type of impact do people anticipate that the Gallup injury will have for Cooper?

Not much.  I think the play calling negates much opportunity for a significant target bump or for defenses to key on him.

Edited by K197040
10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk about this week. Howard is a top 5 cover corner and will spend his day all over Cooper...he basically erased Gordon last week. With game script that is obv gonna be negative I am very much considering sitting him this week.

He didn't erase Gordon.

They were force feeding Brown

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk about this week. Howard is a top 5 cover corner and will spend his day all over Cooper...he basically erased Gordon last week. With game script that is obv gonna be negative I am very much considering sitting him this week.

For who?  Cooper is an every week start for me.  

14 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

He didn't erase Gordon.

They were force feeding Brown

Sure, I suppose but that is a narrative, from Mike Clay:

"Howard shadowed often throughout the 2018 season and was on Gordon for 100% of his routes in Week 2 (Gordon was held to a 2-19-0 line on five targets in the game). Howard also shadowed Cooper when Miami and Oakland faced off in Week 3 last season. Granted, he was still with the Raiders, but Cooper was held to 2-17-0 on five targets in that game, with 26 of his 36 routes coming against Howard."

Howard is a BEAST, and is also one of the dolphins NOT okay w the tank. Boy is going to or is already seeking a trade. It’s def note worthy whether or not you let it affect your decision. I’m very much on the fence as I’m contemplating throwing in someone I feel as more of a Hail Mary play w upside

4 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Howard is a BEAST, and is also one of the dolphins NOT okay w the tank. Boy is going to or is already seeking a trade. It’s def note worthy whether or not you let it affect your decision. I’m very much on the fence as I’m contemplating throwing in someone I feel as more of a Hail Mary play w upside

Phillip dorsett toasted him last year for a TD

Howard is playing on the road in Dallas. I'd love to hear who you would bench Amari for.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Phillip dorsett toasted him last year for a TD

Howard is playing on the road in Dallas. I'd love to hear who you would bench Amari for.

So far I haven’t. But, if I did, my hail Mary play would be mecole w the implied total. And that would purely be because my opponent is playing Robinson and it would make the week highly exciting for me. I’m definitely not talking smack about cooper haha.

3 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

So far I haven’t. But, if I did, my hail Mary play would be mecole w the implied total. And that would purely be because my opponent is playing Robinson and it would make the week highly exciting for me. I’m definitely not talking smack about cooper haha.

I'm probably being defensive. Howard is an excellent corner but I'm hoping on the road in Dallas that OC Kellen Moore finds a way to keep Cooper in involved at home in Big D.

12 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm probably being defensive. Howard is an excellent corner but I'm hoping on the road in Dallas that OC Kellen Moore finds a way to keep Cooper in involved at home in Big D.

[...] I feel good enough about cooper, though, especially w Gallup out target wise.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
12 hours ago, itschief33 said:

[...] I feel good enough about cooper, though, especially w Gallup out target wise.

I’ve come down on him a little this week.  A little because of the coverage but more so when you combine that with a potential blowout and resting him in the second half.  With the earlier foot problem, the CB should be looking to give him rest when they can.

Hopefully he can get in the end zone early because I don’t think this will be a 7+ reception game for him.  

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I’ve come down on him a little this week.  A little because of the coverage but more so when you combine that with a potential blowout and resting him in the second half.  With the earlier foot problem, the CB should be looking to give him rest when they can.

Hopefully he can get in the end zone early because I don’t think this will be a 7+ reception game for him.  

That’s exactly how I feel. I feel like this is a game you’re hoping for an early touchdown. And honestly, it isn’t a terrible bet. But it’s a gamble in my mind, none-the-less.

It’s not recommended at all. I’m thin at RB and stacked at WR so when the boys are playing the muddogs before Bobby showed up, it’s a legitimate concern that it’s the zeke show. In the pats v phins game the only decent WR line was because AB scored.