NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

It’s not recommended at all. I’m thin at RB and stacked at WR so when the boys are playing the muddogs before Bobby showed up, it’s a legitimate concern that it’s the zeke show. In the pats v phins game the only decent WR line was because AB scored. 

On the other hand a week before Hollywood didn't have too bad a first game.

I wouldn't overthink this too much guys.  While what you're suggesting is a possibility, it's not in my opinion a likelyhood.  Howard is a good corner.  Miami is a bad team.  Buuuuuuuuut...

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you kidding? I dont like amari much, but he was VERY SOLID. 5-58-1 6-75-0 3-36- bad game 8-180-2  8-76-0 10-217-3 4-32-0- 11 yards rushing- bad game 4-20- b

Interestingly, there is a "Cooper" health institute that has a study on Plantar Fasciitis: https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/plantar-fasciitis  It would seem to me that with sufficient rest,

Insanely bad takes. You can't count his first 6 games with the raiders, because that gives NO context to how he will do with the cowboys in 2019. The two playoff games were with the team and when they

Posted Images

11 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Sit Amari Cooper? You guys are hilarious.

You need to read a little closer.  Only one person is talking about sitting him.  I’m not.  But I see a strong possibility of a disappointing game from him.  

At this point he’s a sure fire WR1 right?

Up until this point his issue has always been consistency but he’s 3/3 in this new offense and he’s being targeted by Dak in the redzone which is very fantasy friendly. ROS I would say:

1. Hopkins

2. Julio

3. Thomas

4. Allen

5. OBJ

6/7. Cooper

6/7. Adams

8. Evans

Hill would probably be in here somewhere it just depends on how much longer he would be out. If he returns week 5, I would put him above OBJ.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Up until this point his issue has always been consistency but he’s 3/3 in this new offense and he’s being targeted by Dak in the redzone which is very fantasy friendly. ROS I would say:

1. Hopkins

2. Julio

3. Thomas

4. Allen

5. OBJ

6/7. Cooper

6/7. Adams

8. Evans

Hill would probably be in here somewhere it just depends on how much longer he would be out. If he returns week 5, I would put him above OBJ.

Is take Cooper over Adams and OBJ at this point. Baker looks lost and the Browns line is trash. Dak has all day back there. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

1. Hopkins

2. Julio

3. Thomas

4. Allen

5. OBJ

6/7. Cooper

6/7. Adams

8. Evans

Image result for step brothers yup

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Is take Cooper over Adams and OBJ at this point. Baker looks lost and the Browns line is trash. Dak has all day back there. 

The one thing keeping him out of the top tier IMO is targets he’s at 21 through 3 games (112 pace). IF (big if) Dak ups those targets to Romo/Dez levels he would easily be in the top 3.

But to me, Kellen/Dak seem interested in spreading the ball around and getting all the players involved so I don’t think that will happen. But rock solid WR1 production is pretty good output for someone who was on the WR1/2 borderline in drafts.

Edited by Ddam2013
Just now, Ddam2013 said:

The one thing keeping him out of the top tier IMO is targets he’s at 21 through 3 games (112 pace). IF (big if) Dak ups those targets to Romo/Dez levels he would easily be in the top 3.

But to me, Kellen/Dak some interested in spreading the ball around and getting all the players involved so I don’t think that will happen. 

Sure..but it's the spreading around of the ball that's creating these high value targets.  He's getting wide open.  Give me 7 targets to a wide open receiver than 10 targets with a bunch of 50/50 balls. 

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Sure..but it's the spreading around of the ball that's creating these high value targets.  He's getting wide open.  Give me 7 targets to a wide open receiver than 10 targets with a bunch of 50/50 balls. 

Me too but the one thing I will say is, Gallup is out for the next few weeks and he got 9 targets yesterday if he keeps playing well I don’t see his targets decreasing upon Gallup’s return.

15 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Me too but the one thing I will say is, Gallup is out for the next few weeks and he got 9 targets yesterday if he keeps playing well I don’t see his targets decreasing upon Gallup’s return.

I don't know about that.  It seems like they're close to 1A and 1B in terms of targets when they're both playing.   Gallup probably has better hands and speed but likely not as good a route runner (yet).   Without Gallup, I think Cooper has a small uptick in targets but probably not much.

All that being said, we haven't really seen them play a solid defense yet.   I think in those cases, Dak will throw to whoever is open.  I think both will be involved but it's possible we see wide swings like with Godwin and Evans in the first three games.   I realize it's a different offense but I don't think they'll force it to Cooper if Gallup has a plus matchup all game.

Edited by K197040
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't know about that.  It seems like they're close to 1A and 1B in terms of targets when they're both playing.   Gallup probably has better hands and speed but likely not as good a route runner (yet).   Without Gallup, I think Cooper has a small uptick in targets but probably not much.

All that being said, we haven't really seen them play a solid defense yet.   I think in those cases, Dak will throw to whoever is open.  I think both will be involved but it's possible we see wide swings like with Godwin and Evans in the first three games.   I realize it's a different offense but I don't think they'll force it to Cooper if Gallup has a plus matchup all game.

So according to you Gallup is faster and has better hands than Cooper and all Cooper does better is run better routes (for now)? 

Easy to tell who you own in fantasy...

• Haha 1
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So according to you Gallup is faster and has better hands than Cooper and all Cooper does better is run better routes (for now)? 

Easy to tell who you own in fantasy...

I have both tbh.   I've also watched 100% of the games.

Just now, K197040 said:

I have both tbh.   I've also watched 100% of the games.

A lot of people watch 100% of games.

Cooper will be paid as much as the top 3 WRs in the NFL on his new contract.

Gallup will not. Coop is the Alpha dog.

Where do you get that Gallup has better hands than Cooper? If you watched all the games then I'm guessing you saw Gallup catch the ball at a 48% clip last season too.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

A lot of people watch 100% of games.

Cooper will be paid as much as the top 3 WRs in the NFL on his new contract.

Gallup will not. Coop is the Alpha dog.

Where do you get that Gallup has better hands than Cooper? If you watched all the games then I'm guessing you saw Gallup catch the ball at a 48% clip last season too.

If you watched the games, you'd know why Gallup had a 48% catch rate last year. 

If you want, we can revisit this at the end of the year and look ad the advanced stats and you can admit you were wrong.

Edited by K197040
1 minute ago, K197040 said:

If you watched the games, you'd know why Gallup had a 48% catch rate last year. 

If you want, we can revisit this at the end of the year and look ad the advanced stats and you can admit you were wrong.

No need. 

I already know who the best WR on the cowboys is. You are the one having trouble figuring that out.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No need. 

I already know who the best WR on the cowboys is. You are the one having trouble figuring that out.

Where did I say that Cooper wasn't?   But they'll be very close to equal in this offense in terms of targets.  

Sorry if you interpret this as me pooping on Cooper.

Gallup will have a few nice games sprinkled in with some duds this season and he will probably finish about the WR50 or so.

Cooper is gunning for the top spot.

Other than that, they are just the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gallup will have a few nice games sprinkled in with some duds this season and he will probably finish about the WR50 or so.

Cooper is gunning for the top spot.

Other than that, they are just the same.

LOL...I guess I'm the odd man out in the Cooper thread.   I think the only thing that will drastically separate them at the end of the year is TDs.   And I'll bet $50 that Gallup is a top 36 WR on a ppg basis.

I'll also bet that advanced metrics support that he's got better hands. 

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I traded AB for Cooper right as he was released by the Raiders.. I was worried when he signed with the Pats but we all know how that worked out.

Wow, you really fleeced somebody, lol.  Hope that wasn't (notice the past tense, ha) a close friend or someone you have to interact with on a regular basis.  😆 

• Thanks 1