NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes.  the kid is a flat-out better runner than Mack - case closed. 

Can we stop jynxing this guy? Thanks. 

what kinda perverted voooodoooo medicine they practicing over there? BOOT? ON THE SHOULDER??!?!!1?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mvttchew said:

I’m looking to buy in on Mack. 

What are some of his biggest draw backs (is he injury prone? Does he catch passes? Etc.)

Drawback is that Colts tend to get pass happy in the red zone although not as much as last year. He will catch some passes just as a result of plays breaking down/checkdowns but it doesn’t seem like they draw up pass plays specifically for him like other elite running backs. Injurywise, it’s a bit of a crapshoot. Every RB has injury concerns just based on the position alone. I would value him on the RB1/RB2 borderline

On 9/23/2019 at 6:34 AM, mvttchew said:

I’m looking to buy in on Mack. 

What are some of his biggest draw backs (is he injury prone? Does he catch passes? Etc.)

the biggest drawback is the boot that confuse a lot of writers...Crusoe had Friday, Mack has Boot....but seriously...he is pretty safe in production with occasional explosion..Im pretty happy with having him

Im assuming Reich figured the game was out of hand and that Wilkins and Hines could fill in decently enough.  They were in passing mode for most of that game anyway.  

No reason to take a chance with Mack's ankle when youre not going to be pounding the rock anyway.  Thats my positive spin, at least...

Edited by Funkenstein
5 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Mack is a great running back between the 20s. But whatever reason, they chose to completely ignore him in the RZ. His floor will be low, but without the TDs his ceiling is also capped. Especially in PPR leagues. 

What happened this week? Was he sub'd out for Hines/Wilkins?

If you look at the RZ stats for weeks 1-3, he's amassed 8/9 of the RB looks and 8/20 of the total team looks. That's not terrible IMO, but was this week totally different? 

2 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

What happened this week? Was he sub'd out for Hines/Wilkins?

If you look at the RZ stats for weeks 1-3, he's amassed 8/9 of the RB looks and 8/20 of the total team looks. That's not terrible IMO, but was this week totally different? 

I was not able to watch the first 3. But this week since they play Oak, I was able to watched. 

Oak got off to a fast start and that limited Mack since he is not the preferred “catch up mode back”. But they first drive down the field, he was making an impressive run to the ~5 yard line. And on the next play (1st and goal) of course he was in the play but everyone know he was not going to get the ball. He was gassed. 

So maybe he does get the RZ looks and carries but in this particular game he did not and especially the game was pretty lopsided despite what the ending scores look like. 

I am glad his injury is not serious. Despite all the game plan against him once they fall behind, I still think he is their best runner in between the 20s and will get 15+ carries. Hoping in between those 15 carries he’ll break a long one. And that is a strong hold, he is lower tier RB2 and Flex for 12+ team league. 

Mack will feast against bad offenses the most. The way the Colts are built if the game is close they will run Mack 25 times and win 17-13 or something like that. They aren't built for a shootout and Mack clearly isn't either. Next week should be interesting for them and hopefully they can keep it close vs KC.

After the Chiefs they play the Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Texans. Thats 5/6 games against teams in the bottom 10 scoring wise and 6/6 in the bottom 12. These games are all looking like great gamescrips for Mack and because of this his floor is looking very high going forward. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Proteus said:

No updates anywhere I've looked... 

y tu?

I'm a non-Mack owner but getting itchy to picking up Wilkins anyway. 

I thought I read it wasn't injury related as to why he didn't return?  Just based on game script.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

No updates anywhere I've looked... 

y tu?

I'm a non-Mack owner but getting itchy to picking up Wilkins anyway. 

His blurb says that the coach said he was not in the game due to game flow and not “medically ruled out”. 

He specifically said that Hines was a better option. Ouch we knew this but that still hurt to hear the coach admits to it.