Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cavan Biggio 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw pic on Rotoworld. Dropped.

All hail Cavan the Broken, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and Player of Many Positions for The Jays of Toronto

Every time I land a prospect I feel like I'm catching a rare Pokémon.   Go Cavan!

1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

how does he compare to the other propects called up like Riley and Rodgers?

Not in the same class...but been a late bloomer so the prospect ranks may not have given him his just due. Been taking like a top prospect for nearly a year now. 

Edited by Magoo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

how does he compare to the other propects called up like Riley and Rodgers?

It depends how you want to compare them. Power wise, not as favorably. I might like Riley more, someone else might prefer Rodgers, but at the end of the day nobody knows which of us will be right. Biggio is an elite talent and he's high enough on enough prospect lists that he's a must grab if those other guys were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a decent blend of power/speed to go along with an elite walking percentage.   Batting average probably lucky to be north of .250ish.  Still I could see some value as a MI type if your squad had a need there.   Of course if you have a spot it doesn't hurt to grab just in case you goes off.  Photo above notwithstanding he comes from a great bloodline... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

He has a decent blend of power/speed to go along with an elite walking percentage.   Batting average probably lucky to be north of .250ish.  Still I could see some value as a MI type if your squad had a need there.   Of course if you have a spot it doesn't hurt to grab just in case you goes off.  Photo above notwithstanding he comes from a great bloodline... 

Why BA lucky? He doesn't strike out much and has great contact rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, einstein2u said:

who would be a MLB comparison? 

 

I read a scouting report.  They compared him to Todd Walker.  

He has unusual metrics for sure.  Struck out a lot last season but really improved in that area this season but did give up some power.   Great eye at the plate.  Good defender.  

I think he sticks.  

Think he hits leadoff before VG Jr. which would be perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Why BA lucky? He doesn't strike out much and has great contact rate.

 

He's done better  this year but his minor league career rate is not what you can call "great".  Don't forget Triple A numbers are inflated across the board this year.  He's also a career .255 minor league hitter so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

 

He's done better  this year but his minor league career rate is not what you can call "great".  Don't forget Triple A numbers are inflated across the board this year.  He's also a career .255 minor league hitter so...

 

AAA numbers are inflated across the board because they are playing with the MLB ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...