Cavan Biggio 2019 Outlook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw pic on Rotoworld. Dropped.

All hail Cavan the Broken, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and Player of Many Positions for The Jays of Toronto

Every time I land a prospect I feel like I'm catching a rare Pokémon.   Go Cavan!

7 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Am I crazy for liking him slightly better then Hiura due to the on base ability? 

Hiura is definitely the better hitter and will be in a better hitting situation and environment soon(hopefully).  I also think he has the better chance of being what we hope and think he'll be as demonstrated earlier this year.   However, Biggio's game is so fantasy friendly that if he hits in the .260 range he just might turn out to be more useful, especially in obp leagues.  The multi-positional thing helps too...

2 minutes ago, coleporter said:

How will this affect Gurriel’s playing time going forward? He was out of the lineup last night. Grichuk also played. Is this going to be a rotation of sorts?

I believe Guriel's playing time is more connected to Sogard's play.

He's heating up, 3 for 4 today and a hit in 6 straight. With his walk rate if he can get his average around .250ish he could be a very useful bench bat with the 2B/OF eligibility. A .352 OBP with a .220 average coming in to today is super impressive. If that BABIP can stabilize around .300, I am intrigued.

No love for this guy? Every other young player in this forum gets so much traction but for some reason not Craig Biggio's son? lol Awesome 4 RBI game today. This guy is a stud. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, Mexi1024 said:

No love for this guy? Every other young player in this forum gets so much traction but for some reason not Craig Biggio's son? lol Awesome 4 RBI game today. This guy is a stud. 

Because his numbers since call up have been pretty "meh" and he was never projected to be a star anyway? I certainly wouldn't call him a stud. Useful player? Sure, but stud? Naaaah.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • 2 weeks later...

1998 NL MVP voting

5th Craig Biggio

13th Vlad Guerrero

21st Dante Bichette

As difficult it is for any person to make an MLB roster, for the sons of all three of these guys to make their debut on the same team in the same year seems to be more rare than getting struck by lightning when you've just scratched a $1M lottery ticket.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Fantasyguy007 said:

Crazy to think at lead off Cavan may give close to 8 HR and 10 steal ROS?

I think that's lofty. I could see him hitting another 4-6 bombs and adding 3-4 steals... He's been pretty meh overall since he came up, but I'm definitely liking his metrics. His OBP is solid for a rookie. 

Agree that might be a bit lofty. I’d say 6/6 is more reasonable. I’ve been hanging onto him, he makes good contact and only has a 7.5% swinging strike rate so it’s kind of impressive he’s almost riding a 30% K rate. That should definitely regress positively for him sooner or later. WW is pretty barren now so I’m willing to ride it out and hope he gets hot. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...