NBC Sports EDGE Forums

D.J. Moore 2019 Outlook

30Burger

1 minute ago, hard1 said:

Too keep the pace he needs more than 2 looks next week

Definitely. But the 2 targets seems more of a fluke than a pattern. The Panthers were up 15 to start the 4th quarter and it became the CMC show the rest of the game. Allen did attempt 26 passes so 2 targets is still a pretty horrible ratio, but I am really not all that worried unless we see a repeat next week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He's special.  Might be the best YAC WR in the league.  A smart buy low if you pay attention.

Agreed. Some owners might be more inclined to move after he saw just two targets in Allen’s debut. I think he’ll get back into the 8-10 range against Houston. He may not be the best YAC wr in the league, but he’s probably top 5. Excellent tackle-breaker and can take it to the house on any play. 

2 targets with a new QB is concerning, but it's only 1 game.  The sample is just too small to make anything of.   If it happens again this week then maybe there's a problem.  I heard Cam is out into the end of October with a Lisfrank (sp?) injury.  I also heard surgery for Cam isn't out of the question.  Who knows tho.  On Sunday we heard that Shady McCoy was barely gonna play cuz he was 3rd in warm ups before the game and he scored 20+ points. 

5 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

2 targets with a new QB is concerning, but it's only 1 game.  The sample is just too small to make anything of.   If it happens again this week then maybe there's a problem.  I heard Cam is out into the end of October with a Lisfrank (sp?) injury.  I also heard surgery for Cam isn't out of the question.  Who knows tho.  On Sunday we heard that Shady McCoy was barely gonna play cuz he was 3rd in warm ups before the game and he scored 20+ points. 

It's definitely a concern but I doubt the coaching staff is going to allow the low targets to continue.  DJ is gonna get his ROS. 

• Like 2