NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Zenner 2019 Outlook

How can AA, Riddick, D. Washington all have jobs and Zenner doesn't?

CJ Anderson just got cut, and I've been railing on him since camp looking awful.

Now the Lions go out and get Perkins?  They previously added McKissic.  Anyone who thinks either one is better than Zenner I will fight!  :P

• Like 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This much effort and not even a single like? Cmon now lol. I now know more about Zenner than I do about my own parents 

If the Giants sign Zenner, Saquon might be out of a job when he's healthy.  You heard it here first my friends.

Goal of the thread: To convince you, at the minimum to add him to your watch list, and at the maximum, take him in the last round of your fantasy draft.      Let's start out wit

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Zach Zenner is getting a tryout on the Giants.

Great fit for him and he is much better than Gallman.     I hope he signs.

I am watching developments on this.

Why is he not on a team if he is better than Gallman? Seems weird.

There is absolutely nothing to see here.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Why is he not on a team if he is better than Gallman? Seems weird.

There is absolutely nothing to see here.

You are right, there isn't anything to see here until he is on a roster.  I was hoping he got signed with all the chatter in this thread.

The fact he isn't on a roster doesn't mean Gallman is better than him.  AA, Washington, Riddick he beat out and are all on rosters.  The Lions picked up Perkins over Zenner and he didn't even play football last year.  Acting as if being on a roster is vindication of a player being better than another is foolish.  Teams make, interesting, to put it kindly, roster decisions.

For example, I'd take Zenner over any Dolphins RB right now. Ballage is straight trash.  Who would you rather have as your #3 back in Arizona?  Zenner or DJ Foster?  As your #2, Edmonds or Zenner?

It is funny how that always works in one direction.  The GM/Coach's must know more because they have this guy on the roster.  Yet, no one points out when they are wrong on personnel decisions. 

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Sternes said:

You are right, there isn't anything to see here until he is on a roster.  I was hoping he got signed with all the chatter in this thread.

The fact he isn't on a roster doesn't mean Gallman is better than him.  AA, Washington, Riddick he beat out and are all on rosters.  The Lions picked up Perkins over Zenner and he didn't even play football last year.  Acting as if being on a roster is vindication of a player being better than another is foolish.  Teams make, interesting, to put it kindly, roster decisions.

For example, I'd take Zenner over any Dolphins RB right now. Ballage is straight trash.  Who would you rather have as your #3 back in Arizona?  Zenner or DJ Foster?  As your #2, Edmonds or Zenner?

It is funny how that always works in one direction.  The GM/Coach's must know more because they have this guy on the roster.  Yet, no one points out when they are wrong on personnel decisions. 

Perhaps you should be a GM sir.

5 hours ago, Sternes said:

I actually agree w you 100% I love this post. 

Stud? No, chill out. Better tape than some of these system backs? Absolutely. ZZ and CJ were the only backs I was worried about when bidding on Gallman

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

1) I HATE YOU FOR BEATING ME TO THIS! 😛

2) It should be noted that Lombardi wasn't a good OC.  He was also the ONLY OC who gave him a shot and did so aggressively.  He let Zenner push, and one could argue overtake Abdullah, in his rookie year.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, potatoetree said:

He can have some value if kamara misses time. But is he worth a big bid, or just a 1-2 week flex rental at best I wonder. 

I can't fathom a league he is worth a big bid.  Throw a $1 at him.  I'd argue he is better than Murray, but he would need time to learn playbook and replace him. Kamara would be back by then anyway.  At best he is a cutesy handcuff if you have roster space to see if anything happens this weekend. There really isn't any much other reason to roster him unless Kamara has a more serious injury or something happens to Murray.