NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a good account in case it hasn't been shared yet.     https://twitter.com/Opener_News    

@Opener_News is a great Twitter resource for up to dat Bulk/Opener news. Has been tremendously helpful for myself having a good idea of which Bulk guys to stream. 

Knowing the Rays id guess Bulk 80% regular starter 20%   hes usually right around 5 IP in his minor league starts which suggest Bulk when hes up

Posted Images

On 8/2/2019 at 11:46 PM, NolanRyan said:

who is bulking behind Deigo Castillo for the Rays tomorrow? Yarbrough looks like Sunday, right?

When is Yarbrough going next?

9 hours ago, Joe_Dan said:

Patrick Sandoval bulking for the Angels today....
His minor league track record is... pretty poor, lately.

He was good (at least through 5 IP tonight). Is this a one off or is he replacing Pena ROS?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ace_King said:

He was good (at least through 5 IP tonight). Is this a one off or is he replacing Pena ROS?

Pretty sure he's in for the foreseeable future, provided he keeps performing like he did.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

What's the deal with LeBulk today?

I don't know, he sucks as a starter, looks like he's starting, can't use him if he starts,

he's OK as the primary though, this might change, but I'm guessing on that, wait and see.

Brock Stewart bulks today for Toronto up against Brendan McKay and the Rays.
This dude has struggled in previous shots in the big league with the Dodgers.
That being said it's like free points if you can afford the roster spot.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Txfireman05 said:

Any bulk or long relievers going tomorrow 8/8? 

Hoping Dillon Peters, but after 7.2 solid innings last time out they'll probably start him. Fortunately it's a 6:10 start and there aren't any early games. Downside: it's BoSox with a pissed off Sale on the mound. 

Tanaka was pushed back to Sunday, and NYY will be going with an opener tomorrow. Huge dub spot.

Anyone know who might be bulking for NYY? I would have thought Nestor Cortes, but they pitched him tonight. Chance Adams threw 34 on Wednesday and Cessa threw 43 Thursday.

This might just be a straight bullpen game unless they call someone up from SWB.

Blue Jays - Brock Stewart OR Zack Godley, up against Ariel Jurado and the Texans
My money is on Stewart getting the ball here. He bulked on 8/7 while Godley pitched 3 innings on 8/8. That, along with Stewart's success in that showing, make me think he's the one for this matchup.

Rays - Austin Pruitt against Joey Lucchesi and the Padres.