NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a good account in case it hasn't been shared yet.     https://twitter.com/Opener_News    

@Opener_News is a great Twitter resource for up to dat Bulk/Opener news. Has been tremendously helpful for myself having a good idea of which Bulk guys to stream. 

Knowing the Rays id guess Bulk 80% regular starter 20%   hes usually right around 5 IP in his minor league starts which suggest Bulk when hes up

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Pena was awful yesterday. Will it impacts his usage going forward? 

He had been pretty solid leading up to this outing, would think he’d get another shot this next time through.

• Thanks 1

Don't think we have any Bulk going today.........looks like Chirinos is starting.

Tomorrow Sampson starting for now, likely stays that way with it being a DH.

Sunday LeBlanc a possibility. Anyone I'm missing?

• Thanks 2

Yarbrough is due up in one of the games of the Doubleheader @BOS tomorrow also. Not too appealing though after he gave up 7 earned on 10 hits vs. MIN last time out, which I believe he started.

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

Pena to work behind an opener again on Tue vs Dodgers.

I’m scared after his last outing. 

I woulda imagine Cortes/Cessa will split after Green. 

Padres are starting to tandem guys in the rotation.  Margevicius on Friday was the first time it happened.

Perdomo is starting today likely followed by Erlin.

Edited by 96mnc
17 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Is this confirmed? ESPN is showing Leblanc as the starter still.

Confirmed per the sports books.

8 minutes ago, Joe_Dan said:

LeBlanc was exceptional yesterday. Hopefully they continue to use him in bulk more.
I don't see anyone in BR today.
Peña seems to be the next one up tomorrow, if you trust him against LAD.

Beeks should be Bulking tomorrow also. Agree about Leblanc, hopefully they continue to deploy him there. 

• Thanks 1

Are these post-opener relievers ever confirmed more than 1 day ahead of their next appearance? I want to start leveraging a single roster spot by streaming a couple of them per week them in leagues with weekly start limits, but when you're using FAAB waivers you cant just add them immediately and roll them out the next day. You need at least 2 days lead time.

Anyone figure out a way to make this work in FAAB leagues?

7 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Little worried about Beeks tomorrow. Oakland is very good vs Lefties 

That they are.  Didn't know that until you pointed that out, but their numbers vs LHP are borderline fantastic (.281 AVG with an .858 OPS).  Now I'm second guessing using him when I figured initially it was a good matchup.