NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Plesac 2019 Outlook

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty impressive start and chart shows this is something he can likely sustain: FB- averaged 94+ MPH and goes to it often, was really close even when he was missing with it, lots of vert action

I wanted part of this.  And what's funny is.  I was watching him pitch and the first 2 innings he looked like a deer in headlights.  I was like Why did I start him.  Then all the sudden he settled dow

Nice start today, chart was pretty nice too: FB- up a full tick from his last start, averaged 95 MPH and popped 97, great vert action to it, threw 61--42 strikes with 34 swings and 8 whiffs! Stri

I guess he's Dan Plesac's son.  Another son of a big leaguer getting the call.  Kinda cool.  I found this via the googles. Velo spike this year up to 97, plus change, no true 3rd pitch.  Interesting prospect tho.  His minor league numbers do look pretty good.  Low walks, low whip, solid 8-9 K/9.

For the season, he’s 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA  between Akron and Columbus. He struck out 8.79 batters per nine innings between Double-A and Triple-A, although he fared even better whiffing Triple-A competition (9.90 compared to 8.20).

Plesac became more than a blip on the Indians’ radar when he started throwing gas. He had been a guy with a velocity between 90-94 miles per hour. This season, Plesac’s been touching 97 miles per hour, according to Eric Longenhagen of Fangraphs, via CBS Sports.

Longenhagen wrote Plesac may represent the Indians best option for a starter should a spot open up, and he was right.

Plesac obviously has the fastball, but he also throws a “plus” changeup, however, he doesn’t really have a third pitch. You can get by doing that as a reliever in Major League Baseball, but not so much for starters.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2019/05/25/cleveland-indians-promote-zach-plesac-meteoric-rise-big-leagues/

• Like 2

wait and see approach here. Since there isn't many options left for the tribe's 5th spot, he could stick around for a bit if he can give a good first impression.

12 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So. .When is he going to be available in Yahoo 

After his start tomorrow he'll go on waivers provided your league setting for "New Players Become Available:" is set to "As soon as Yahoo adds them".

1 hour ago, ghostdragon said:

now in espn leagues.. after calling espn tech support 10 times lol.. get him now before it's too late

He was on ESPN when I searched him early this AM.  But in my league he is on waivers until Thursday.

Might be a blessing that he's not available on Yahoo yet.  The matchup is brutal, and it will be really tough for him to get a win going up against Price (who has strangely been their only consistent starter from the get go so far this season).

Still, he's an intriguing one to keep an eye on after tonight's start.  Given their issues with their rotation, it's not like he should be sent down even if tonight goes as expected.

What is hubbub...not worth owning in 12 or less and I find his lack of k’s disturbing

Did not see much of his start, but his game chart paints an interesting picture, for sure:

FB- averaged 94 MPH and topped at 96, very sharp vertical action on it, threw 48--35 for strikes with 24 swings and 4 whiffs

CH- was primary secondary, sat 86 MPH and also had nice vertical tumble, threw 25--15 for strikes with 13 swings and 2 whiffs

SL- only threw 5 but had great spin to it, 3 strikes with 3 swings and a whiff...this should be incorporated more moving forward

CU- like where it sat on velo spectrum at 78 MPH and had some serious shape to it with great horizontal movement, tossed 8--4 strikes and 2 swings

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1