NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Plesac 2019 Outlook

So how lucky is this guy getting? A LOT of his 94-95 FB's looked to be just missed and right now he could easily have about 6-8 ER I think

Not cutting the kid just thinking out load

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty impressive start and chart shows this is something he can likely sustain: FB- averaged 94+ MPH and goes to it often, was really close even when he was missing with it, lots of vert action

I wanted part of this.  And what's funny is.  I was watching him pitch and the first 2 innings he looked like a deer in headlights.  I was like Why did I start him.  Then all the sudden he settled dow

Nice start today, chart was pretty nice too: FB- up a full tick from his last start, averaged 95 MPH and popped 97, great vert action to it, threw 61--42 strikes with 34 swings and 8 whiffs! Stri

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Pretty impressive start and chart shows this is something he can likely sustain:

FB- averaged 94+ MPH and goes to it often, was really close even when he was missing with it, lots of vert action to it, threw 54--29 strikes with 16 swings and 2 whiffs

SL- sat 84 MPH, very nice dive and dart movement on it, tossed 24--18 strikes with 13 swings and 4 whiffs...

CH- little firmer at 86 MPH, fall-off action with it, threw 17--11 strikes with 10 swings and 2 whiffs on it

CU- heard the announcers say that he has just added it to his bag, it has serious promise imo, very complimentary to his velo spectrum at 79 MPH and also helps change eye levels of batters with it's horizontal sweep/rotation, spun up 11--9 strikes with 8 swings and 2 whiffers

It's a pretty solid 4 pitch mix here and plus command of everything!

I watched every pitch of his first two starts but haven't watched this one yet. 

What's crazy is that your report above matches the first two starts with a huge exception...His breaking ball was non existent.   Like nada.  Zilch.  It showed decent movement but he had zero faith in it and it wasn't close to the strike zone.   If all of a sudden he's discovered a breaking ball (or two?) his ceiling goes up dramatically.

19 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

think my man Plesac is a safe bet this week vs the reds.. I mean if he can handle the yanks why not

So he is starting against Cincy? ESPN has him starting against CIN 6/12, @DET 6/14, and @TEX 6/17.

11 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

So he is starting against Cincy? ESPN has him starting against CIN 6/12, @DET 6/14, and @TEX 6/17.

I see him starting against desclafani on the 12th.. and we all know how bad desclafani has been

Here is my amateur screenshot breakdown, but he has a little funk in his delivery and hides the ball pretty well. I think makes him harder to pickup than you'd expect:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Additionally, check out these arm slots:

(Hint: My timing on the screen shots weren't 100% perfect, but use the "Progressive Field" print at the bottom of the advertisement as a reference of release point, head position, shoulder tilt, etc.)

96 MPH Fastball:

spacer.png

86 MPH Change:

spacer.png

80 MPH Curve:

spacer.png

Edited by LoGo
Spelling error
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, ghostdragon said:

think my man Plesac is a safe bet this week vs the reds.. I mean if he can handle the yanks why not

This is strong logic. But also famous last words all too often, as we know in fantasy ...

11 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Drop?

Depends on your league, but overreaction IMO. Still 9 swinging strikes today (10.34%). Gave up 4 runs, but 3 solo homers. Was a few pitches away from a quality start today, believe it or not. 

I watched the game yesterday and literally outside of 3-5 pitches he looked great. First two batters of the game took him deep then he retired the next 13 in a row. He's a young pitcher bound to have some rough patches but overall I thought he looked really poised. Good pitch mix and control. Plus he has that "IT" factor, he's a gamer. I don't think we should expect ace like numbers but absolutely a solid and rosterable pitcher in most 12+ team leagues. 

After what some guys have been putting up this week, if that is a bad start for him I will definitely take it.

• Like 1
On 6/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, LoGo said:

Here is my amateur screenshot breakdown, but he has a little funk in his delivery and hides the ball pretty well. I think makes him harder to pickup than you'd expect:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

One thing that stands out to me is the catcher. He’s being lazy AF and not presenting a target whatsoever. 

This isn’t acceptable for anyone, let alone a RC pitcher. Tuuuuurible! 

14 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Definitely starting vs Detroit. Unsure about Texas. No mazara or pence but gallo is coming back 

Yeah, I think he may be ok. I mean 6-7 k's, 3 ER, I can live with

I am weekly so I am all in.......or all out

On 6/14/2019 at 3:33 PM, LarryChip10 said:

One thing that stands out to me is the catcher. He’s being lazy AF and not presenting a target whatsoever. 

This isn’t acceptable for anyone, let alone a RC pitcher. Tuuuuurible! 

I'm glad someone else sees this too. It seems to be more and more common in today's game. What happened to catchers giving the pitcher a target while he is pitching?