NBC Sports Edge Forums

RB Keeper for 2019: D. Williams or Marlon Mack

Trying to decide my running back keeper for next year.  Due to the high octane KC offense, I was initially going to go with D. Williams, but I am also considering Mack.  I know KC got Hyde, and I still remember how Williams underachieved on Miami, so I am still unsure on who to keep.  Both backs ended the season well.  Thoughts?

I would rather have Mack. I personally have no faith in Damien Williams repeating what he did down the stretch last year. I know a lot of people have a lot of faith that Williams being a stud I’m that KC offense but I just don’t see it after years of mediocrity from him.  

14 hours ago, sess said:

Trying to decide my running back keeper for next year.  Due to the high octane KC offense, I was initially going to go with D. Williams, but I am also considering Mack.  I know KC got Hyde, and I still remember how Williams underachieved on Miami, so I am still unsure on who to keep.  Both backs ended the season well.  Thoughts?

Very interesting debate. I think Williams has more upside if he can prove to be as good (as productive) as last season; Mack should be safer.

I think if you have to decide today, I pick Mack. If you can wait until after training camp or pre-season, it might well be William's after all.

Btw Williams has the higher ADP right now, especially in PPR (this is also something to consider).

• 2 months later...

With my leagues keeper deadline coming soon,  I am revisiting this post that I made a couple months ago. Now with Damien Williams injured (although mild injury) what’s the consensus between him and Mack?  Mack suddenly seems safer for me.  10 team PPR.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, sess said:

With my leagues keeper deadline coming soon,  I am revisiting this post that I made a couple months ago. Now with Damien Williams injured (although mild injury) what’s the consensus between him and Mack?  Mack suddenly seems safer for me.  10 team PPR.  Thanks.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, Boudewijn said:

Very interesting debate. I think Williams has more upside if he can prove to be as good (as productive) as last season; Mack should be safer.

I think if you have to decide today, I pick Mack. If you can wait until after training camp or pre-season, it might well be Williams after all.

Btw Williams has the higher ADP right now, especially in PPR (this is also something to consider).

So, it turns out you have PPR, which makes Mack worth less. Williams has a dinged hammy and I detest hammy injuries, as they often keep lingering if the player doesn't get enough rest, especially RB/WR. So now I like both less :)

With all that... Williams should probably still be your keeper in PPR.

PPR I would take the shot on Dwill.  Mack has been very injury prone so far and Indy has passing down backs which will limit his upside.  While there is definitely the chance Dwill was a 5 game flash in the pan.  But there is also the chance that he finishes as a top 5 RB in that offense.