NBC Sports Edge Forums

21 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

My bad. It was 2 out of the last 3 starts I believe he pitched well. My apologies.

Ah ok... But looks like the other good start was in A ball after 2 clunkers in A... Its just rehab but he's been far from dominant yet... 3 games in A ball, 1 good and 2 starts at AAA, 1 good.

I still think there's upside here but TJ return is never usually smooth. Id want to see a couple MLB games on my bench before i roll him out. If picking him up i wouldn't expect to use him until late July.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's pitched 10 innings.  You really shouldn't even bother looking at ERA estimators in that small of a sample.

I'm probably going to do it as well. YOLO.

I will point out that TJ before the last 3-4 years was treated as a 12 month recovery. Since teams have moved it to a 15-18 month recovery, the results have been much better. Several guys have come ba

8 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Ah ok... But looks like the other good start was in A ball after 2 clunkers in A... Its just rehab but he's been far from dominant yet... 3 games in A ball, 1 good and 2 starts at AAA, 1 good.

I still think there's upside here but TJ return is never usually smooth. Id want to see a couple MLB games on my bench before i roll him out. If picking him up i wouldn't expect to use him until late July.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

I will point out that TJ before the last 3-4 years was treated as a 12 month recovery. Since teams have moved it to a 15-18 month recovery, the results have been much better. Several guys have come back off TJ and been better than they were.

Lamet is definitely a lottery ticket, but I think the environment (SD) and his stuff make him extremely intriguing as a streamer almost immediately.

• Like 6

Better,” Hedges said of how Lamet looked in comparison to last spring training. “Everything is just as nasty, but it’s under control. Everything is where it’s supposed to be. He was executing high fastballs where he needed to. He’s smarter now. He understand what he needs to be to be who he wants to be, which is one of the best pitchers in baseball.”

sign me up

Who is he going to replace when he's called up? I own both Strahm and Allen and I'm thinking it's going to be one of them. They can't possibly option Allen now if he pitches well again tonight, right?

Edited by bigpinero
23 minutes ago, bigpinero said:

Who is he going to replace when he's called up? I own both Strahm and Allen and I'm thinking it's going to be one of them. They can't possibly option Allen now if he pitches well again tonight, right?

Six man rotation

Lucchessi

Lauer

Allen

Paddack

Strahm

Lamet

Edited by B&F
1 hour ago, bigpinero said:

Allen appears the clear choice here

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, B&F said:

Six man rotation

Lucchessi

Lauer

Allen

Paddack

Strahm

Lamet

Allen just made sure he didn't want to stay up. So he'll be sent to minors now

9 hours ago, Mexi1024 said:

Allen just made sure he didn't want to stay up. So he'll be sent to minors now

The padres biggest problem is their pen. And the most obvious solution is to move Strahm back to the role he was elite. 

• Like 1

My concern here is;

According to Acee, the Padres are expected to limit Lamet to around five innings in most of his starts this season to ease the strain on his surgically repaired right elbow.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Is this guy going to save my season?

If you're counting on him, you're in trouble. He seems like a Nick Pivetta type as this point right now. Oozes potential, but probably will be very frustrating. That being said, I took a flyer and hope he can give me an ERA in the 3's with a lot of strike outs. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

My concern here is;

According to Acee, the Padres are expected to limit Lamet to around five innings in most of his starts this season to ease the strain on his surgically repaired right elbow.

I mean, that's not all that concerning to me. Unless you expected him to be the ace of your staff. This guy is free on the wire and is coming off a serious injury. Not only that, but many pitchers struggle third time through the order anyway. So maybe it'll be good to get him out of games before a potential blow up.

If they consistently take him out before the 5th inning, even though he's only at like 60-70 pitches, then I would be concerned because he goes from being someone that you thought would help your team out to a flat out drop. But If they let him go 5 consistently and line him up for wins, there is still value assuming he doesn't explode ratios.

Edited by hangin n wangin
1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I mean, that's not all that concerning to me. Unless you expected him to be the ace of your staff. This guy is free on the wire and is coming off a serious injury. Not only that, but many pitchers struggle third time through the order anyway. So maybe it'll be good to get him out of games before a potential blow up.

I'm not counting on him being my ace. I'm in a league pitcher goes 6 and gives up 3 earned runs or less you get a QS. What happens if he pitches 5 innings, has 10 K's, and has given up one hit, and he gets pulled, which is likely going by what the Acee is reporting...I mean the pulled part.