NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, Z06vette said:

I'm not counting on him being my ace. I'm in a league pitcher goes 6 and gives up 3 earned runs or less you get a QS. What happens if he pitches 5 innings, has 10 K's, and has given up one hit, and he gets pulled, which is likely going by what the Acee is reporting...I mean the pulled part.

Then that is no bueno for you. I definitely understand your concern. Sounds like another issue that is league dependent.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's pitched 10 innings.  You really shouldn't even bother looking at ERA estimators in that small of a sample.

I'm probably going to do it as well. YOLO.

I will point out that TJ before the last 3-4 years was treated as a 12 month recovery. Since teams have moved it to a 15-18 month recovery, the results have been much better. Several guys have come ba

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Then that is no bueno for you. I definitely understand your concern. Sounds like another issue that is league dependent.

I love his upside. Things can change, but I expect the kid-glove treatment and understand it. Not sure it matters. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

I'm not counting on him being my ace. I'm in a league pitcher goes 6 and gives up 3 earned runs or less you get a QS. What happens if he pitches 5 innings, has 10 K's, and has given up one hit, and he gets pulled, which is likely going by what the Acee is reporting...I mean the pulled part.

Ditto. I'm in points league myself and it's deep enough that 5 IP, a K/IP and a chance at a W would still be pretty valuable.

• Like 1
Just now, wayzupusc said:

Ditto. I'm in points league myself and it's deep enough that 5 IP, a K/IP and a chance at a W would still be pretty valuable.

I won't disagree with that, but when there is a chance of getting more in a points league you think most would prefer it. Looks like many like this dude and will find a reason to own him regardless of the restrictions.

Strahm with 5 straight unimpressive performances. Allen hasn't looked great either. 

I don't think the Padres will have to think work very hard to find Lamet a spot in the rotation. 

The innings limit is a bit of a concern but not many guys go past 6 innings these days so unless you are in a league that counts QS it's not that big of a deal. Plus they said to "around 5 innings" which could mean a few 6 or even 7 inning games if he is rolling and his pitch count is low enough. Honestly, I am more concerned about his command than his innings limit. 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Strahm with 5 straight unimpressive performances. Allen hasn't looked great either. 

I don't think the Padres will have to think work very hard to find Lamet a spot in the rotation. 

The innings limit is a bit of a concern but not many guys go past 6 innings these days so unless you are in a league that counts QS it's not that big of a deal. Plus they said to "around 5 innings" which could mean a few 6 or even 7 inning games if he is rolling and his pitch count is low enough. Honestly, I am more concerned about his command than his innings limit. 

Same. The command is the main thing here. I really think he could end up being horrible lol hopefully not though.

Edited by hangin n wangin
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Looks like he’ll be getting the start tomorrow against the Dodgers. I’m just gonna let this ride and see how he does. Anyone going to go ahead and toss him out there?

My ratios are shot thanks to his teammate Logan so I may. I just remember wishing I had picked him up before he got hurt that year. Hopefully he can be a solid addition to pitcher needy staffs. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Looks like he’ll be getting the start tomorrow against the Dodgers. I’m just gonna let this ride and see how he does. Anyone going to go ahead and toss him out there?

I'm in a daily pts league & may roll him out there.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm probably going to do it as well. YOLO.

boat yolo GIF

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
53 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

As a roto player, that’s a pretty easy decision to bench and wait and see. Aside from being a top offense, the Dodgers lead the league in walks and don’t strike out a ton. If he balls out on my bench, so be it. I’ll at least I’ll  know I may have a solid asset going forward.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, meh2 said:

As a roto player, that’s a pretty easy decision to bench and wait and see. Aside from being a top offense, the Dodgers lead the league in walks and don’t strike out a ton. If he balls out on my bench, so be it. I’ll at least I’ll  know I may have a solid asset going forward.

Agreed with the roto perspective. I’ll let him ride the pine tomorrow, too. In my points league, I’ll see if I can grab him in the morning to stream him. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:58 PM, Z06vette said:

I won't disagree with that, but when there is a chance of getting more in a points league you think most would prefer it. Looks like many like this dude and will find a reason to own him regardless of the restrictions.

There is none better on the wire in 16 team leagues with 30 per team & unlimited DL spots.

Unless you're higher on Mike Leake or Merrill Kelly ROS than Lamet.

Edited by wayzupusc

Owned Dinelson since coming into league in dynasty.  Not a fan in redraft.  He was a thrower before TJ.  I’m not optimistic his command will be reliable enough in redraft to be worthy of riding rest of season.  He cost nothing and stuff is tantalizing so obviously worth a a pickup.  But tread carefully.  

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Owned Dinelson since coming into league in dynasty.  Not a fan in redraft.  He was a thrower before TJ.  I’m not optimistic his command will be reliable enough in redraft to be worthy of riding rest of season.  He cost nothing and stuff is tantalizing so obviously worth a a pickup.  But tread carefully.  

But this is bizarro year for pitching...ww pitchers are good and aces are all trash

11 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Agreed. I picked him up and am hoping for the best, but I can’t say I’m confident in him by any means. Seems like just another raw pitcher with amazing stuff at this point in time.

• Like 1

Here's a FatansyPros blurb by Bobby Sylvestor from back in May with his take on Lamet's impact in the second half:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/05/10-things-to-know-for-week-7-fantasy-baseball/

" over the second half, Lamet may prove to be a fantasy league winner. He is recovering from Tommy John surgery and was placed in extended spring training where reports have him as even better than before. For those who don’t remember, Lamet had one of the most dominant rookie campaigns baseball has ever seen. No, the ratios weren’t quite there but in terms of being flat out unhittable, Lamet joined Kerry Wood, Doc Gooden, Jose Fernandez and Hideo Nomo near the top of the list with 10.9 K/9 and just a .207 batting average against. More than likely, when Paddack’s innings are cut off, Lamet will fill right in and may be every bit as good to close out the season."

Very pleased with his start tonight.

5 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 7 K

Lost his command in the 5th. Probably got a little gassed as he neared 70 pitches. Allowed 2 ER, 1 H, 2 BB, 1 HBP in the 5th.

Overall though, stuff looked nasty. And at LA, this is a great opening start for him, all things considered.