NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is This Enough for Harper?

I’m in a 14 team h2h dynasty league. I’m currently in 12th place. Anyway my team definitely needs an ace sp. I am looking to possibly move harper to acquire a sp. I was just offered Domingo Santana Gerrit Cole Cole Hamels for Harper, Mikolas and Martin Perez. Do I take this deal or explore other trades for Harper? 

C Danny Jansen 

1B Pete Alonso 
2b Ozzie albies 
Ss Trevor Story
3b Rafael Devers 
Rf Bryce Harper 
Cf Ronald Acuna
Lf Juan Soto
Util Jonathan Villar 
Bn Kevin Cron  
Na Bo Bichette 
Na Joey Bart

Sp Jon Lester
Sp Miles Mikolas
Sp Brandon woodruff
Rp John brebbia
Rp Ryan Pressly 
Rp Hansel Robles
P Marcus Walden
P Julio Urias
P Jose Alvarado
Bn Martin Perez
Bn John Means
Bn Zach Efflin
Bn Jeff Samardzija 
Na Deivi Garcia 
Na Casey Mize
na Sixto Sanchez 

I'd 100% take it. Starting to lose faith that Harper will hit anything higher than .250, meanwhile Cole is going to challenge 300 k's if he stays healthy. His underlying numbers also suggest that he has been unlucky. Love the deal for you.

I'd probably take it, but I would first explore if someone else will do me a better. Probably not, given Harper's struggles. You're selling low, the question is whether you think a high is coming. Given his K rate, I'm not confident. 

16 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

I'd probably take it, but I would first explore if someone else will do me a better. Probably not, given Harper's struggles. You're selling low, the question is whether you think a high is coming. Given his K rate, I'm not confident. 

Any suggestion what type of player I should target or maybe if I should counter?

2 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

SP and OF remain your biggest needs I think, in that order. Which is why I'd ultimately take the deal for Cole. 

Just curious do you think Soto and Acuna aren’t strong enough for my OF depth?

29 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Just curious do you think Soto and Acuna aren’t strong enough for my OF depth?

They're solid. And slumping Harper probably won't get you someone better than them, though I'd probably prefer either of them over Harper. But if you can get a Cole type plus a Soto type from someone buying into a Harper second half...

2 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

They're solid. And slumping Harper probably won't get you someone better than them, though I'd probably prefer either of them over Harper. But if you can get a Cole type plus a Soto type from someone buying into a Harper second half...

True...I was also offered Kepler and Luis Castillo for Harper. Not sure if that’s any better than the Cole trade I received.

4 minutes ago, Windgara said:

really good deal for you. but i would suggest 1st let your league know harper is available. maybe someone tops that offer.

I did and the only other trade offer that comes close is harper for Kepler, Luis Castillo, Triston McKenzie and Brad Peacock. Is this better?