Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Waited until the 17th round for a TE and grabbed this guy with my last pick.  Rolling the dice as the only TE on my roster.  Really liking what I've seen from this guy so far.  He looks like he could be a star at the position.  

Same here. Word out of Raiders camp, aside from his injury, he has nearly been impossible to cover. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Waller it's more than the numbers.  It's the eye test.  He passed, big time.  I like it when you expect someone to show something based on reports, etc. and then they go right out and do it.  So m

Updated my sig.

Fixed!!!

Posted Images

5 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Waited until the 17th round for a TE and grabbed this guy with my last pick.  Rolling the dice as the only TE on my roster.  Really liking what I've seen from this guy so far.  He looks like he could be a star at the position.  

Waited/Targeted Waller too...also only TE on my roster (other than Gronk lol).

Love everything I've seen/read on him and am expecting solid numbers. Will surprise a lot of people.

Surprised he's not discussed more. A lot more....soon they will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Waited until the 17th round for a TE and grabbed this guy with my last pick.  Rolling the dice as the only TE on my roster.  Really liking what I've seen from this guy so far.  He looks like he could be a star at the position.  

Waited/Targeted Waller too...also only TE on my roster (other than Gronk lol).

Love everything I've seen/read on him and am expecting solid numbers. Will surprise a lot of people.

Surprised he's not discussed more. A lot more....soon they will be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spina said:

Waited/Targeted Waller too...also only TE on my roster (other than Gronk lol).

Love everything I've seen/read on him and am expecting solid numbers. Will surprise a lot of people.

Surprised he's not discussed more. A lot more....soon they will be.

 

You are lucky he lasted that long.  Good snag.  He will be solid this year.  I believe the Raiders stink mightily and will be constantly throwing the ball. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, CooL said:

Quoting myself to fix this.  My comment didn't age well, and it's only been 2 days.

Seeing him on Hard Knocks, you really want to root for the guy.  So he's had trouble with drugs in the past.  Sort of like the Josh Gordon of tight ends? 

Anybody know anything about his health?  He had a shoulder sprain but I think that's not a problem now?  Gruden didn't seem to play any starters last night, so I guess we won't know anything about him until the games count for real.

how on God's Green Earth did you extrapolate from his interview that he was a 'guy you want to root for' ? 

 

he said his entire time in Baltimore he jerked around and 'did drugs every day'.

 

he could be productive this year, but wtf were you watching? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WillieSmalls said:

how on God's Green Earth did you extrapolate from his interview that he was a 'guy you want to root for' ? 

 

he said his entire time in Baltimore he jerked around and 'did drugs every day'.

 

he could be productive this year, but wtf were you watching? 

? You can’t pull for a guy who has had some transgressions, realized his wrongs, has worked hard to stay clean, and now is dedicated to football? And who has a real opportunity to be a breakout star?

I guess you don’t want Josh Gordon to succeed either...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s worth taking a late flyer on just for his athletic ability. He’s a converted WR that ran a 4.46 at the combine but comes in at 6’6” 250 lbs and is a SPARQ freak. His off the field issues and going to Georgia Tech have really held him back from showing what he can do. He might be a dud, but he’s worth a pick in your last round just to see what he does the first few weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to know from owners. I drafted Waller in few leagues where he’s my backup. Do Waller owners feel he’s worth keeping over players like Reed or Olsen. I’m thinking no but as time gets closer to the draft I need to get kickers lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Curious to know from owners. I drafted Waller in few leagues where he’s my backup. Do Waller owners feel he’s worth keeping over players like Reed or Olsen. I’m thinking no but as time gets closer to the draft I need to get kickers lol. 

To clarify, you have a starting TE, Reed/Olsen, and Waller?  So three tight ends?  And I presume no kicker, so you need to drop one?

I certainly would keep Waller over Reed (who is in concussion protocol, and even though they say he'll be ready week 1, you know it's only a matter of time before his little brittle body goes haywire again) and Olsen (who knows how effective he'll be, Ian Thomas is there now too, and I don't think Olsen is still Cam's favorite target).

Lots of the experts are talking up Waller.  And yeah, he hasn't proved anything yet, but he is intriguing.  I'm going to roster for a few weeks and if it doesn't look like it's going to happen, then it's easy to cut bait.  Knock on wood if you're with me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CooL said:

To clarify, you have a starting TE, Reed/Olsen, and Waller?  So three tight ends?  And I presume no kicker, so you need to drop one?

I certainly would keep Waller over Reed (who is in concussion protocol, and even though they say he'll be ready week 1, you know it's only a matter of time before his little brittle body goes haywire again) and Olsen (who knows how effective he'll be, Ian Thomas is there now too, and I don't think Olsen is still Cam's favorite target).

Lots of the experts are talking up Waller.  And yeah, he hasn't proved anything yet, but he is intriguing.  I'm going to roster for a few weeks and if it doesn't look like it's going to happen, then it's easy to cut bait.  Knock on wood if you're with me.

Yeah I’ve taken Waller with the last pick just to see how preseason plays out, honestly other then talk haven’t really send anything. Man its tough to judge cause its going to be interesting to see if the Raiders can support multiple fantasy options. 

I get it with Olsen but Thomas is injuried and yeah Olsen been hurt but we aren’t the far behind when he was a TE1. Got a week until i need a kicker so I’m going to make a last minute decision here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that he was really much of a threat but the fact that the Raiders released Luke Wilson, the only veteran TE on the roster, says a lot about how highly they view Waller. He is the man there at TE.

 

Raiders released TE Luke Willson.

The Raiders decidedly went with only three tight ends on their final roster, keeping Darren Waller, rookie Foster Moreau, and run-blocking ace Derek Carrier. Unable to make an impact with the Lions last season, too, the free agent veteran could latch on strictly as a reserve following final cuts.

Aug 30, 2019, 2:38 PM ET
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

Not that he was really much of a threat but the fact that the Raiders released Luke Wilson, the only veteran TE on the roster, says a lot about how highly they view Waller. He is the man there at TE.

 

Raiders released TE Luke Willson.

The Raiders decidedly went with only three tight ends on their final roster, keeping Darren Waller, rookie Foster Moreau, and run-blocking ace Derek Carrier. Unable to make an impact with the Lions last season, too, the free agent veteran could latch on strictly as a reserve following final cuts.

Aug 30, 2019, 2:38 PM ET

 

I rarely get too hyped up about these types of players but this guy could be the TE breakout star of 2019.  There's plenty of upside here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

Not that he was really much of a threat but the fact that the Raiders released Luke Wilson, the only veteran TE on the roster, says a lot about how highly they view Waller. He is the man there at TE.

 

Raiders released TE Luke Willson.

The Raiders decidedly went with only three tight ends on their final roster, keeping Darren Waller, rookie Foster Moreau, and run-blocking ace Derek Carrier. Unable to make an impact with the Lions last season, too, the free agent veteran could latch on strictly as a reserve following final cuts.

Aug 30, 2019, 2:38 PM ET

Should have used spoiler alert for us Hard Knock fans lol

 

Edited by UcanTry
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Should have used spoiler alert for us Hard Knock fans lol

 

lol This guy has had so many opportunities to achieve a nice role. Had nobody in Seattle for a year, then had a good opportunity in Detroit. Now gets beat out by Waller. Time to hang up the cleats ehhhh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

 

 

Since we know what to expect from Rudolph, I'd rank the previous 3 like so:

Andrews

Waller

Hockenson

If you want to play it safe, go with Rudolph. If you want to take a chance with bigger rewards go with one of the previous 3. Reed I'd leave be since he's just so injury prone. I have both Andrews and Waller and I"m starting Andrews week 1 FWIW. If both of them fall flat I'll add either Rudolph or Jimmy Graham later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...