NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Waller it's more than the numbers.  It's the eye test.  He passed, big time.  I like it when you expect someone to show something based on reports, etc. and then they go right out and do it.  So m

Updated my sig.

Fixed!!!

Posted Images

Any concern about Foster Moreau?

Gruden has talked highly of both tight ends when you read some of the recent interviews/articles, and it's reflected in Foster's snap count and target share over the last two games, especially with a lack of WR's on Oakland.

I'm not implying Waller isn't the starting tight end, but rather a little worried Foster Moreau becomes like Dallas Goedert for Zach Ertz, taking away some of the targets and potentially vulturing TDs.

The perfect hypothetical scenario is that Waller is to have all the snaps/targets :(, and be the ONLY tight end option like Kittle and Kelce. And this seems like the current perception of Waller. So I'm wondering if Moreau is going to be a vulture, if it makes sense to try and trade Waller for good value before ppl realize that lol.

Edited by potatoetree
24 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

Any concern about Foster Moreau?

Gruden has talked highly of both tight ends when you read some of the recent interviews/articles, and it's reflected in Foster's snap count and target share over the last two games, especially with a lack of WR's on Oakland.

I'm not implying Waller isn't the starting tight end, but rather a little worried Foster Moreau becomes like Dallas Goedert for Zach Ertz, taking away some of the targets and potentially vulturing TDs.

The perfect hypothetical scenario is that Waller is to have all the snaps/targets :(, and be the ONLY tight end option like Kittle and Kelce. And this seems like the current perception of Waller. So I'm wondering if Moreau is going to be a vulture, if it makes sense to try and trade Waller for good value before ppl realize that lol.

Who?  Did they just ink a new deal for this Moreau guy?  Because our boy Waller just scooped a phat new deal.

No concerns about this guy I've never heard of taking magic football points away from the Wallerus.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Who?  Did they just ink a new deal for this Moreau guy?  Because our boy Waller just scooped a phat new deal.

No concerns about this guy I've never heard of taking magic football points away from the Wallerus.

That's probably because Moreau is a rookie drafted in the 4th round, and signed a 4 year contract in May of this year.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoreFo00/gamelog/2019/

And he's done more than just take away, he's actually outpointed him in magic football points in the last two games. I'm hoping it's just a result of Tyrell being out and them needing to run two TE sets lately.

I'm a Waller owner and big fan. But we need to be ahead of the game, and be prepared to capitalize on his value if necessary!

Edited by potatoetree

Any concern about Moreau is overblown. The whole appeal of Waller in August was the idea that the Raiders were extremely thin at pass catcher behind AB. We were expecting AB to catch over 100 balls and score double-digit TDs, and even in that scenario, Waller had appeal as a secondary passing game option because the TE landscape is that weak.

Now obviously, AB’s flameout pushed Waller into a heavier target share than we could have dreamed of on draft night, but Carr can’t just throw to one guy. Moreau is getting targets because all of their WRs are hurt and/or bad at football. He’s not “vulturing” anything. Nobody gets 20 targets per game.

• Like 2

Limited on Thursday after full on Wednesday is never good. It suggests an injury that occurred during practice? Seems however that there is no concern he won’t play at least from what I’ve been finding, how is that? Doesn’t make sense to roster a tight end backup especially after your #1s bye, so if he goes in practice today then I think you can safely drop whatever useless #2 you are carrying. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CooL said:

Limited on Thursday after full on Wednesday is never good. It suggests an injury that occurred during practice? Seems however that there is no concern he won’t play at least from what I’ve been finding, how is that? Doesn’t make sense to roster a tight end backup especially after your #1s bye, so if he goes in practice today then I think you can safely drop whatever useless #2 you are carrying. 

Makes sense if your #2 is actually useless. Personally I don’t mind carrying 2 TE’s and Ive never been a fan of rostering useless players to begin with. 

Guys, the big stars get days off mid week from practice. They have to make up some supposed injury to put on the report. If I were the coach Darren Waller would never practice.  He would just eat grilled chicken breast that I personally prepared and would watch film all day. 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Guys, the big stars get days off mid week from practice. They have to make up some supposed injury to put on the report. If I were the coach Darren Waller would never practice.  He would just eat grilled chicken breast that I personally prepared and would watch film all day. 

yeah, i can get wif all that, but ....

this was a most curious scenario, seeing as how 1)coming off the bye, 2) Wednesday is universal "rest" day - given those peripherals, yeah, this ouchie was cause for concern. 

nothing serious after the fact, but a Thursday tag was most troublesome. 

1 hour ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Anyone concerned about the GB matchup?  With no other receivers you'd have to imagine them focusing on Waller, right?

I was kind of high on him for this week but now thinking his lack of red zone targets and GBs defense against TE is not bad, so... maybe not as flex-worthy as I hoped (for this week). Been starting with some confidence, in general, otherwise. One can certainly do much worse though if you’re in need of a TE.