NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for Acuna? WHIR 100%

Would you do this trade in a points league that prioritizes power and RBIs, rewards walks and punishes Ks? Not a final offer but has been discussed with the other owner.

Give: Altuve+Conforto

Receive: Acuna+Hiura

My team

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Senzel SS: Trea Turner 3B: Jose Ramirez CINF: Matt Chapman MINF: Trevor Story

OF: Hoskins, (Empty), Conforto, Meadows, Soto UTIL: (Empty)

BN: Scooter Gennett, Altuve, Didi Gregorius, Nelson Cruz IL: Judge

SP: Snell, Gerrit Cole, Patrick Corbin, James Paxton, Flaherty, German Marquez, Mike Foltynewicz RP: Yates, Diaz, Kimbrel

I am currently stashing lots of injured players and leaving 2 empty lineup slots (5 OF league) in preparation for the stretch run because I have a great record and am winning even with empty slots but I would prefer to cut the empty slot count to 1.

Current 2B is Senzel but I will also have Scooter in a few weeks hopefully. Outfield is missing Judge but has sustained itself even with an empty slot.

On another note, would you do this deal for just Acuna?

Thoughts? Drop a link and WHIR 100%

Edited by mocha4313

Id do it. Acuna’s expected average, slugging, and WOBA are all like 30 points higher than what’s he’s doing right now. I’m expecting a monster summer out of him and I’m not high on altuve at all.

• Thanks 1

Like getting Acuna, but with no official word if Hiura or the mess that is Aguilar gets sent to triple A when Shaw gets back, I would have to pass here.

Anyone the owner could swap for Hiura ?

HH 

• Thanks 1

Altuve is hurt and while he’s been incredible for years, we don’t know exactly when he’s returning and we don’t have any reason to think he’s going to get back to stealing either. I’d fade the injury and prefer acuna but it’s fair as an offer either way based on team composition 

11 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Like getting Acuna, but with no official word if Hiura or the mess that is Aguilar gets sent to triple A when Shaw gets back, I would have to pass here.

Anyone the owner could swap for Hiura ?

HH 

He is willing to offer Matt Olson, Griffin Canning or Jameson Taillon (another injured player to stash for playoff time)

I like the idea of getting Acuna.  The question is Hiura.  Not only does he have the threat of going back down, but he's K-ing a lot.  If you think you can work around the punishment for K's, then I think it's okay.  But that's your call.

Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t like Hiura at all in a league that hurts your for K’s. I do like Acuna. Actually I like Acuna and Conforto out of those 4. Make that happen somehow 

I would actually be giving Conforto (and Altuve) and receiving Acuna and Hirua (or one of the players I listed in a comment above)

Thanks for the help

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I would actually be giving Conforto (and Altuve) and receiving Acuna and Hirua (or one of the players I listed in a comment above)

Thanks for the help

I know I understood, I more or less mean figure out a way to keep conforto but trade altuve for Acuna. 

• Like 2

depends how your point league is scored and how valuable altuve is. he probably doesn't lose much value in pts league if he doesn't steal bags. that being said acuna >altuve conforto in 5x5 so I would probably take acuna 

• Thanks 1

Olson is a decent power source but for your settings could punish you with the Ks. Canning is interesting as is Taillon if willing to wait him out. With Paxton hurt every year, Folty sucking, and Flaherty/German a little up and down another decent SP can't hurt. Tough call not sure what I'd do TBH, depends how bad you want Acuna who I also like a lot.

• Like 1