NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade help with an owner...WHIR 100%

1- You see any small trades I should go for if this owner wants Eloy ?

An owner in redraft has decent interest in Eloy, he made a couple offers this week which weren't bad but I would've had to drop players too good to drop. One offer was Albies/C.Seager/Rodgers(when he had him) for Eloy/Neris, then he offered Albies for Eloy. Got no interest in Albies who can't hit RHP and way too hot/cold for head to head. Also Neris is valuable as we can start up to 6 closers, most teams have 3 or more and is nothing left in FA's. Seager I might be interested in as he seems to have heat up but not sure how much I believe in him ROS. It would then leave me with 3 SS which I don't need, but could be a nice move if Seager does bounce back who knows.  Lourdess is interesting as he plays 2B/SS/OF, 2B has been can't decide if he's worth trading Eloy. Curious what you guy's might do in a small trade. 

2- You guys see any bigger trades to go for ?

Aside form trading Eloy, he also has quite a few studs of interest like Verlander/Zack which I could use more SP. Also good bats like Soto, Muncy, JD, Meadows, Blackmon, and lower tier player like Lourdess. Second base has been an issue with Joram, if he's heating up or not who knows. My plan was to play Tatis when he came back at SS and move Mondesi to 2B, which worked great before Tatis got hurt. Not sure if I should bother for a 2B now that Tatis is back soon and Joram has hit a little better. SP is picked clean in FAs and Verlander or Zack could be a big help. I have a logjam of 1B with a 1B and 2 UT slots to play Goldy/Pete Alonso/Voit/Sano, so feel like I could trade one of them. Also with reports I've read on Judge stating even when back he won't ever be back to 100% ROS with the injury he had, I debated possibly trading him as my other OF's have been pretty good. Don't know how worried or not I should be with Judge, even if not 100% in a good healthy NYY lineup still seems like he could be a beast. 

Was curious what some might think of Goldy/Eloy for Verlander and either Seager, Muncy, or Lourdess. Or Goldy/Judge/Eloy for Verlander/Blackmon and Seager, Muncy, or Lourdess. 

My team

C- Ramos 1B-Goldy 2B- Jram 3B- Suarez SS- Mondesi 

OF- Cutch  OF- Pence OF- Starling Marte UT Luke Voit UT Pete Alonso 

BN- Choo, Eloy, Fletcher DL Judge, Tatis 

SP- Carrasco, Hendricks, Morton, Soroka, Strahm, Giolito

RP- Felipe, Hicks, Neris

His team

C Alfaro 1B Muncy 2B Lourdes 3B Chapman SS C.Seager
OF Meadows OF Lowe OF JD UT Riley UT Soto
BN Mercado, Cron, Albies DL Didi, Blackmon

SP Verlander, Zack, Stras, Ryu, Canning, Smeltzer, Heaney
RP Doolittle, Giles DL Strickland

Edited by tonywow

My offers would be

Alonso/Eloy for Wheeler/Gurriel

Alonso/Eloy/Soroka for Gurriel/Verlander or Strasburg or Ryu

i don’t think he would take either of your offers. If you wait til Goldy gets hot he’ll prob take it but as of now your core offer (goldy/Eloy for Verlander) is basically two underperforming players for a stud and I can’t see him taking that unless he’s in love with goldy’s and eloy’s ceilings.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

My offers would be

Alonso/Eloy for Wheeler/Gurriel

Alonso/Eloy/Soroka for Gurriel/Verlander or Strasburg or Ryu

i don’t think he would take either of your offers. If you wait til Goldy gets hot he’ll prob take it but as of now your core offer (goldy/Eloy for Verlander) is basically two underperforming players for a stud and I can’t see him taking that unless he’s in love with goldy’s and eloy’s ceilings.

ty's right that Goldy and Eloy are working against you right now.  I do like the offer I bolded.  I'd prioritize the pitchers as Verlander, Ryu, Strasburg.

Thanks for mine!

• Like 1

These guys got it. Verlander may be a reach, but aim high & you can always so called settle for Stras or Ryu. Ha ha!!

Dont be afraid to overpay a bit, if it gets you a stud SP.

Edited by DarinB300
  • Like 1

I would not trade Judge. Hate trading players when injured because you never get decent value back. I would try Alonso, Eloy and Soroka for Strasburg and Muncy. Verlander is probably aiming too high. We can keep saying Stras will get hurt at some point but he is a legit ace right now who is being undervalued. Muncy is also a decent replacement for Alonso.

• Like 1