NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Shane Bieber or Jack Flaherty?

misterf

thanks for the help.....price will be the same for either guy.... it is going to be Josh Bell for either Beiber or Flaherty.....so no real chance to get one of them at a better price.

he needs a 1B and I have both Bell and Gallo (I am offering Bell) ........he has pitching depth and is offering either Beiber or Flaherety .... and nobody else in the league needs 1B help. and nobody else seems willing the trade away #2/#3 SP........ so this looks to be the only chance I have to get the SP that I badly need for a price I can live with..

1 hour ago, dychead said:

When I’m torn, I defer to the NL pitcher. Thus like Flaherty. That said, I feel you’re selling Bell low. 

thanks for the input!

I agree that I would not be getting 100% value for bell at the moment....... but it is definitely the  best deal I can get for him in this league right now  (nobody else in the leagues wants to trade an SP for a 1B) ...... and it's the cheapest price I could find for a top-20(ish) SP........... I feel like I am at least getting 90+% value ...... which I think I can live with since I am filling a real need at SP that I don't think I could fill otherwise.

I am also expecting bell to regress some, so I feel like I am at least selling at the peak of his value.

(At least this is how I am going to rationalize it if I do accept the deal)

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

On cell & cant see team, but with Gallo out for a while, who will be your 1B?

Max Muncy would be the interim.....a downgrade for sure but still borderline top-100 talent with upside (as long as he keeps getting at bats)

41 minutes ago, misterf said:

Max Muncy would be the interim.....a downgrade for sure but still borderline top-100 talent with upside (as long as he keeps getting at bats)

That's tough. Think I ride Bell out for now, until you see how long Gallo is out. If only 2 weeks, then I may consider it, mainly because of Muncy's playing time. But if you really need SP, then grab the SP you like better & let's hope they get it going for you. Good luck & thanks for mine. 

I understand the need for a SP but I wouldn’t trade Bell for either of those guys... idk man it tough. Batters always have more value and consistency year round. Pitchers are hurt easy and inconsistent for the most part (except Verlander I guess lol) I would hold tight and see if you can get a better offer. Or offer bell and a lower pitcher for flaherty and Bieber maybe? 

Bieber vs Flaherty is pretty close...  but I like Bieber a bit more.  Pitching in the AL:  Minnesota Twins and four AAA teams division negates any advantage Flaherty gets from being NL.

Having said that I would want more for Bell than either of these guys straight up.

Edited by LJJr

I own Beiber and if someone offered me Bell for him I would accept it in a heartbeat. 

I can’t see your team but your selling low on Bell. I understand you need pitching but I’d look elsewhere (even slightly beyond the top 20) to see if you can get a SP and not give up Bell. 

Bell should get you better then Bieber or Flaherty