NBC Sports Edge Forums

Harper Pete Alonso for Gary Sanchez and Meadows

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Both sides are solid, but I'm gonna go with the Sanchez side. Gary at C is awesome & Meadows is turning into a stud.

My initial offer of Alonso Albies Mikolas for Sanchez Meadows Kershaw was vetoed today. I figure this could be a better alternative that won’t bother the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

My initial offer of Alonso Albies Mikolas for Sanchez Meadows Kershaw was vetoed today. I figure this could be a better alternative that won’t bother the rest of the league.

People usually veto because they are jealous that they couldn't get that kind of trade done. I would try your offer & hope it goes through. Good luck!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Meadows Sanchez side. 5 category stud and top 3 catcher. 

Your first trade wasn’t vetoable lol. I’d find a new league if I were you 

Flip side is if I were a member in that league and people were making horrifying trades like that, I'd find a new league myself lol.

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Meadows Sanchez side. 5 category stud and top 3 catcher. 

Your first trade wasn’t vetoable lol. I’d find a new league if I were you 

Yea I have a bunch on whiny league mates lol

Honestly I'd rather have the Harper/Alonso side. I think Alonso is just starting to come into his own as a top-10 player in fantasy for years, if not even higher than that. I think he'll be the best 1B in fantasy baseball not named Cody Bellinger for at least a half decade, and I still believe Harper can turn it around and be who he was in 2015. Love Sanchez and Meadows but I just prefer Alonso over the other guys.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bdh1010 said:

Honestly I'd rather have the Harper/Alonso side. I think Alonso is just starting to come into his own as a top-10 player in fantasy for years, if not even higher than that. I think he'll be the best 1B in fantasy baseball not named Cody Bellinger for at least a half decade, and I still believe Harper can turn it around and be who he was in 2015. Love Sanchez and Meadows but I just prefer Alonso over the other guys.

Alonso top 10 overall player? That's ambitious.

13 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

So he countered with Villar Meadows Sanchez for Harper Alonso. Is Villar a dealbreaker for me to take this deal? Villar has been in my util spot. I can plug avisail garcia now in his place.

Bump

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

Forgot to mention he wants Joey Bart as well. So Sanchez Meadows Villar Bart for Alonso and Harper. Still a trade to do or too much to give up?

Gotta do it.

Villar is solid but he’s far from a deal breaker. He also could be traded in 6 weeks and become a utility man. Nice player but anything but a deal breaker. And Bart might be good and that may not happen for another year or two.

Ultimately, you know Sanchez is a top Catcher now and for the next handful of years at least.

And Meadows is easily the best player in the deal. He’s a future batting champ with 30-20 talent. And just turned 24.