NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yordan Alvarez 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leads the league in stole hearts tho 😍😍😍

about the same as Tyler White winning the triple crown...

Yordan and Aristides yesterday  

Posted Images

[Posts removed.  This is not the "Yordan Alvarez Owners 2019 Outlook" thread, or "Yordan Alvarez Non-Owners 2019 Outlook" thread.  If your post is primarily your opinion of other members, it doesn't belong here.]

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I legit can't fathom being down on this guy even if he has a couple bad weeks. He's winning Rookie of the Year. He's a great hitter in a great lineup. 

Image result for the rock clap gif

Great Rookie year and he was a Waiver Wire guy for many.  nothing to complain about unless you drafted him in the 4th like some other Rookie :)

34 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

sounds a little early. 

I agree with 80version. I think his ADP will be pushed into the 2nd round unless he has some end of season collapse and I doubt that as he’s 2-2 with 2hrs tonight as I type this. I think we’re looking at a 40hr, 120rbi guy next year with upside for more. My only question is where his batting average falls and I’d be surprised if he’s not at least a .270 hitter next year.

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

where are you comfortable taking him next year? 5th round?

Lol if 5th round is where you're comfortable taking him, then you're either going be extremely uncomfortable, or you won't own any Yordan whatsoever. There is absolutely zero chance he goes outside the top 48

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cs3 said:

Lol if 5th round is where you're comfortable taking him, then you're either going be extremely uncomfortable, or you won't own any Yordan whatsoever. There is absolutely zero chance he goes outside the top 48

i probably wont own him much i agree.  and i thought about 4th as well.  id take him there.  but 2nd?  for a guy who will get you no steals (literally zero steals as i type this) and may have a sophomore slump?  thats insane with the talent out there...im not banking on him hitting 320 unless there is data to convince me otherwise.  

• Like 1
Just now, jfazz23 said:

i probably wont own him much i agree.  and i thought about 4th as well.  id take him there.  but 2nd?  for a guy who will get you no steals (literally zero steals as i type this) and may have a sophomore slump?  thats insane with the talent out there...im not banking on him hitting 320 unless there is data to convince me otherwise.  

It's not about what you believe. Its about how much the one person who is highest on him in your league believes. I'm willing to bet he's drafted by the end of the 3rd in virtually every league, and in the 2nd round in many.

• Like 2
Just now, cs3 said:

It's not about what you believe. Its about how much the one person who is highest on him in your league believes. I'm willing to bet he's drafted by the end of the 3rd in virtually every league, and in the 2nd round in many.

agreed.  which is why i said i prob wont have much, if any, stock in him.  

20 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Yordan in the fifth?

Pick up Trout in the second and Acuna in the third while you're at it.  Maybe reach for Verlander in the eighth.  

so youre taking him in the 2nd as well? so hes giving you zero steals.  what are you projecting the other 4 cats?  

14 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Sixty-nine homers, four-hundred and twenty OBP.

if youre not going to be serious, then why even post?  was asking a legitimate question.  hes gonna get you Zero steals so you better LOVE the other 4 cats.  

Yordan has a 366 babip this year and a 32.5% hr/fb rate.  for comparison Soto has a 24.4% hr/db rate and JD martinez 23.6%  mike trout about 25%

Yordan also strikes out at a 25% clip.  think he doesnt run well enough and Ks too much to maintin his AVG this year.  so are you really sure hes a 40/120 guy???

like i said, id take him in the 4th but if someone is gonna take him in the 2nd, and even 3rd i think ill be OK with that.  but im always willing to be convinced otherwise.

Edited by jfazz23

just worried he has a Cody Bellinger/Rhys Hoskins 2nd year instead of Acuna/Soto 2nd year. acuna steals a ton, and even soto gives you 15 so there is less risk.

what if Yordan goes something like 274 85 runs 34 hrs and 90 rbi  0 sb kinda like how bellinger and hoskins did after great call up years

• Like 1

I'd be comfortable taking him in the third, for sure, but that's a weirdly vague and subjective way to frame the discussion.

Landing him for nothing in my keeper league has given me a small silver lining of peace regarding my potential failure in the playoffs this year.

8 hours ago, cs3 said:

Not really. ADP is about what the public believes in general. Not one guy in one league. 

Personally, I doubt he touches 2nd round ADP on ESPN, where the public would only have to come up with 19-23 guys to draft over a DH-only 2nd year guy with about 300 ABs to his name. Even 3rd round is a tall order imo. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Not really. ADP is about what the public believes in general. Not one guy in one league. 

Personally, I doubt he touches 2nd round ADP on ESPN, where the public would only have to come up with 19-23 guys to draft over a DH-only 2nd year guy with about 300 ABs to his name. Even 3rd round is a tall order imo. 

I think third round is feasible given his ceiling. If a 35/90 is his floor, then that makes it even better. You're not drafting him for steals. People are talking about him putting up numbers very similar to this guy in Colorado named Nolan, and he goes in the first round in almost every league. The only thing I can see hurting his ADP would be DH elig only. 

[...] The ride has just been incredible from following the minor league thread everyday salivating for a call up to him bombing away in my fantasy playoffs. If you play in Roto I could maybe forgive you for not picking this guy in the first round, maybe. There is nothing that suggests this guy will be anything but a fantasy monster for a long time and I for one don’t want him an any other team but my own. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content.
32 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Cue to the obvious "Why take Yordan in round 2 when you can get Cruz in round 8"

- 22 years old vs 39 years old

- Possible OF elig

- Cruz's regression is inevitable, Yordan is just starting

• Like 2