NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Teheran 2019 Outlook

Getting a 2019 thread going.

He's been fantastic and a stingy QS machine for about a full month now. Looks like last seasons Aug/Sep numbers were pretty good too. He's had a few really good years and some not so much, interesting to see what he does ROS. 

You guys think this is just a hot stretch or has he changed anything up since last year ? 

I came looking for this thread wondering the same thing. I've got an offer to trade for him. I'm guessing we will see some regression based on his high FIP and his history, but he could still be useful the rest of the way. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, AnonymousRob said:

It's a hot stretch that will come crashing down soon. Stay away in most formats.

The lack of home runs allowed is unsustainable.  So what's a realistic ERA and WHIP from here on out?

25 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

The lack of home runs allowed is unsustainable.  So what's a realistic ERA and WHIP from here on out?

I would say along the lines of his career ERA, which is 3.60 is a reasonable and fair expectation. He’s not a terrible pitcher. He just doesn’t have huge strike out stuff and usually out performs his peripherals. I’ll ride him while he’s hot though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...