NBC Sports Edge Forums

Oakland Raiders 2019 Outlook

In case anybody missed the big news...

I'm pretty excited for this season of Hard Knocks. This team has quite the list of personalities and dysfunction with Mark Davis, Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Antonio Brown, Richie Incognito, Vontaze Burfict, and Nathan Peterman to name a few.

Edited by King_of_Kings
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, King_of_Kings said:

I'm pretty excited for this season of Hard Knocks. This team has quite the list of personalities and dysfunction with Mark Davis, Jon Gruden, Derek Carr, Antonio Brown, Richie Incognito, Vontaze Burfict, and Nathan Peterman to name a few.

certainly seems like an aligning of the stars regarding the NFL's most dramatic actors and their opportunity in prime time. HBO's HARD KNOCKS might finally win an emmy, though whether it'll be for comedy, drama, or crime series is anyone's guess.

how Brown and Burfict are getting along as Raiders. “They’re good. We played Family Feud one day in our team meeting. We had three guys on one team, three guys on the other. Our version of Family Feud. Silver team and a Black team. The Silver team was Antonio Brown, Vontaze Burfict and I think we had Isaiah Crowell on the team,” said Gruden. “You gotta try to get these guys to know each other. This is the only time that you can really do that. April, May, June. It’s almost like church. Everybody stand up. Shake a hand, introduce yourself to your teammates. Otherwise, Peter never gets to know Jon and Jon never meets Joe…” In case you were wondering how that Family Feud game went, Gruden talked about that as well. “It was a helluva game." https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/5/27/18642052/antonio-brown-vontaze-burfict-relationship-is-good-were-teammates-in-raider-family-feud 

giphy.gif

WhichScornfulAffenpinscher-small.gif

7ad14ef74734366aaaf9c931cf6273d4_w200.gi

tenor.gif?itemid=10265375

hqdefault.jpg

Gruden5.gif?format=750w

• Like 1

Does anyone have any actual thoughts on how the Raider players will do, or how the team will do in general? I'm pretty optimistic on Brown and Jacobs, and even eyeing Carr as a backup QB, pending how QBs shake out.

It won't surprise me if they have a nice season, adding AB the player is a game changer. However we have AB the diva lately and I hope they implode every week. 

Although I have Jacob's so yes, I hope they implode but he just has himself a nice little awesome but losing season 😁

• 2 months later...

Renfrow and Carr may end up being a special combination.  From what I have seen they share the same beliefs and have gotten pretty close.    I can see Carr trusting Ren and getting him the ball.   I really want to see the team get better, after a contentions 2018 and rebuild this team needed a fresh start.  Go with the rookies and dump the trouble makers.

Can you imagine the difference it would make if the centered this team around J, Jacobs and Renfrow?    It would really and truly be a breath of fresh air. I think the Raiders have a golden opportunity to cast off dead weight and move on to a better future.  

[Posts removed.  The Antonio Brown thread was locked last night because many members could not have a civil, fantasy-relevant discussion without going well outside the parameters of the Code of Conduct.  We understand that AB's drama is relevant to his fantasy outlook, but we will not be letting that discussion happen in three different threads at the same time.  The AB thread will be unlocked shortly, after which anyone dragging the AB discussion into this thread or escalating into hostility against other members in here or in the AB thread will have their posting privileges suspended.]

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

When was the last time a Raider football player was really fantasy relevant or at least consistent? Amari was vastly inconsistent and overrated in Oakland. Maybe Latavius as an RB2? Before that McFadden way back when?

Jared Cook was a top-five tight-end last year.

Just now, timexsocialclub said:

Good point; I think that was mostly because the position was so devoid of talent last year and I think most of his production came from a handful of games. Anyone else come to mind?

Not really.

I remember I picked up their defense last year to face Nick Mullens in his first NFL start, and they made him look like Joe Montana.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Good point; I think that was mostly because the position was so devoid of talent last year and I think most of his production came from a handful of games. Anyone else come to mind?

Marshawn Lynch 2017.

Michael Crabtree 2015-2016.

Latavius Murray 2015.

This team is pretty exciting for me now that the locker room cancer A, Brown is gone.

This team had 3 fantastic rookies,  Waller, Renfrow and of course Jacobs.  J Richards is the perfect pass catching back up to the Rookie Jacobs as well.    The O- LIne has been strengthened and they still have a solid veteran receiver as their number 1 ( Tyrell Williams)  

I think this team really surprises people this year.  I believe Carr can be salvaged, and this will mark the year he turns around.   The D is bad still, but that just means shootouts.

• Like 1