NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Yamamoto 2019 Outlook

Looking at his minors numbers, few years ago weren't that great but last couple years seemed very good with decent ERA, BAA, K/BB. Will be interesting seeing how he does against PHI. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that hasn't been very difficult this year

I don’t understand why people people give a crap about Zac Gallen as a #1 add when the hurlin Hawaiian has now had elite outings in three games including a repeat performance on one of the most patien

First guy in 104 years to have 7 shut out innings in each of his first 2 starts. 😮

On 6/19/2019 at 12:21 AM, tonywow said:

Looking at his minors numbers, few years ago weren't that great but last couple years seemed very good with decent ERA, BAA, K/BB. Will be interesting seeing how he does against PHI. 

Philadelphia is on a major team slump at this point so might not be a bad outing for the young man....def. need some more Intel but will roll the dice for now 

32 minutes ago, bugkilla said:

Philadelphia is on a major team slump at this point so might not be a bad outing for the young man....def. need some more Intel but will roll the dice for now 

Yeah I’ll take the shot that he keeps the good times rolling... hello moto

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Lot's of haters on this guy......lucky......does not throw hard enough.......hard hit balls.......

At what point to we just say, guy is a good pitcher?

Maybe around 20 innings pitched?

• Like 1

I don’t understand why people people give a crap about Zac Gallen as a #1 add when the hurlin Hawaiian has now had elite outings in three games including a repeat performance on one of the most patient teams and Philly, in Philly.

Yamamoto should be a top player in any league.  This guy might be a top 10 pitcher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Any word on if he's staying or getting sent back down to make room for returners? 

From CBS... for whatever it is worth... 

Yamamoto and fellow rotation newcomers Elieser Hernandez and Zac Gallen will all be extended at least one more turn. The performances of all three youngsters will likely have significant sway in determining which of the two will stick in the rotation once Smith is presumably reinstated from the 10-day injured list next week. At this point, Yamamoto may have the most job security of the trio after yielding only two runs to go with a 0.79 WHIP and 19 strikeouts in 19 innings through his first three outings in the big leagues.

Facing the same offense second time in a row is not easy; especially an offense like the Phillies. So if I was the Marlins, I would be giving him at least another one extended look.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t it make sense to move towards a 6 man rotation?  Smith hasn’t been all that durable and they also have three rookies that they’d probably want to limit innings. Plus all 3 rookies have nothing to prove down in AAA. 

7 minutes ago, pduce242424 said:

Wouldn’t it make sense to move towards a 6 man rotation?  Smith hasn’t been all that durable and they also have three rookies that they’d probably want to limit innings. Plus all 3 rookies have nothing to prove down in AAA. 

A six man rotation may be common in Japan but it isn't here because of the off days work pattern etc so going to that can screw up pitchers as well.  So I think Yamamoto and maybe Gallen will make the rotation but Hernandez may go to the pen given he has seemed the weakest of the three during the Caleb Smith On The IL audition period.  Of course I couldn't see them actually pitch since for some reason Miami doesn't seem to be a staple on national broadcasts, hah.  So the Marlins might have a different take than fantasy baseball stats.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • 3 weeks later...