NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitch Keller for Teheran in a keeper? WHIR

This is in a money league. We keep eight veterans and five rookie-eligible players each season. Veterans' salaries go up $5. Rookies don't go up at all. 

My starting pitching is weak, though I am getting Clevinger back next week. Keller has been lit up in two major-league starts. The kid is a strong prospect, but he's clearly not ready for the majors. 

My five minor-league roster spots are still full without Keller, who I have at $1. I doubt I would keep Teheran, though he is cheap at $3. I know Teheran's numbers aren't likely to hold up where they are, not with a FIP that high, but he can still be solid. 

Would you take it? WHIR. 

I still think Keller can figure it out but I don't see why you should take it if you are not going to keep Keller as one of your 5 rooks and definitely not as one of your 8 veterans. Definitely try to sell Teheran but Keller does nothing for your team right now.

I have Keller. I would be trading him for Teheran. 

I would probably keep Keller, but I have solid options without him. 

I'm assuming you aren't in favor of dealing for Teheran based on your post.

I already replied on your thread. 

Don't see the need in trading for a guy like Teheran in a keeper. He's a mid-rotation "meh" kinda arm now. Doesn't excite me at all

I should have explained that this is a 15-team league. The starters available on the wire are awful. A mid-rotation arm has value. I'm in fourth place, which is the last spot in the money, but I'm only seven points out of first, so I am willing to sell off potential help for the future to get some help now. Teheran's current ERA is more than a run lower than my team's current mark, 4.23. 

He actually gave me a choice of Wade Miley or Teheran, but I thought the latter was better. 

Edited by Piotr
3 hours ago, Piotr said:

I have Keller. I would be trading him for Teheran. 

I would probably keep Keller, but I have solid options without him. 

I'm assuming you aren't in favor of dealing for Teheran based on your post.

I already replied on your thread. 

I see. If you are planning on keeping Keller, I would hold. Pitching prospects can take a while to figure it out and guys like Teheran are a dime a dozen