NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duke was picked up as a compliment to Lamar, back when Lamar was still healthy. So there are 2 possibilities. A: They're still looking for a back to fill the Miller role and Duke's will be unchang

They'll sign him and give Tre Carson 90% of snaps

At this point he's closer to a league destroyer than a winner.   He's gonna land somewhere and likely not be valuable to roster on his own, but do just enough to screw up the incumbent #1 at

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

IF DET DOESN'T SIGN HIM HE IS DONE

He's probably done....for this season, if he doesn't sign with Detroit.  But he will likely be in training camp for sure with someone, next year.

15 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

He's probably done....for this season, if he doesn't sign with Detroit.  But he will likely be in training camp for sure with someone, next year.

Pretty safe to say 

Maybe AZ didn't bother because they knew they were thinking about Drake...or maybe Ajayi didn't sign because he wanted a better gig.

It gets no better for him than Detriot though.  If he doesn't sign there it's because he's truly out of shape and done.  Detriot obviously needs an early down RB.

34 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Any news? Did he sign yet?

None I've heard.  I grabbed him in one league but Detroit probably won't sign him.  They weren't smart enough to trade for Drake so probably won't do anything here.  I question if they're really trying to win or not.

If no news, I'll just dump him and grab somebody else.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He must not be 100% recovered from surgery. He's a pretty good back. He'd be on a club if he was fully healthy.

Ajayi stated that he's "ready to play football" about a month ago so I think he's fully recovered.  The issue is that he wants to be a lead back on a team, not a reserve.

3 hours ago, affliction said:

If we don’t hear anything tomorrow he wasn’t offered a contract 

My experience is that if the news is "Player A is getting a workout" on a future date, that blurb is from the player's agent trying to drum up interest instead of a contract offer being imminent. Last time Ajayi got a workout was for ARI along with CJ Anderson and neither got signed and they signed Alf Morris who obviously wasn't pre-announced to be having a workout.  This guy ain't getting signed this year.  Don't know if he wants too much money, won't accept anything less than a starting feature back role, or is just cooked.  

• Like 1

At first, as a DET fan, I was excited.. I challenge anyone to look up his highlights for his last year in philly, and ask yourself, “Is this run something a RB currently on their roster couldn’t have done?” My answer to myself was no. I just don’t see enough to justify the knee risks and all the caveats I’m sure comes with the signing.

Edited by itschief33
19 minutes ago, jumper said:

My experience is that if the news is "Player A is getting a workout" on a future date, that blurb is from the player's agent trying to drum up interest instead of a contract offer being imminent. Last time Ajayi got a workout was for ARI along with CJ Anderson and neither got signed and they signed Alf Morris who obviously wasn't pre-announced to be having a workout.  This guy ain't getting signed this year.  Don't know if he wants too much money, won't accept anything less than a starting feature back role, or is just cooked.  

You could be right. However, there is nothing on the interwebs tonight that is negative or positive. Simply no updates at all. I noted that Det cut a RB from the PS and then resigned him. I think that was purely a depth move based on new RB injury issues. So, I suspect what is happening is the team is looking over their own medical evaluations.

I think they sign him. He's a great physical runner that they may protect a bit with a RBBC, but he gets the goal line, red zone looks.

27 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

At first, as a DET fan, I was excited.. I challenge anyone to look up his highlights for his last year in philly, and ask yourself, “Is this run something a RB currently on their roster couldn’t have done?” My answer to myself was no. I just don’t see enough to justify the knee risks and all the caveats I’m sure comes with the signing.

He got hurt in the third game or something but he played well until then and during the Super Bowl run.

19 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Shouldn’t he be signed by now if he looked that good? He’s worked out for multiple teams .. I’ve had him rostered for a few weeks now, might have to drop for roster space. 

By "multiple teams," we're only talking about the Cards and Lions. Reports came out around noon Detroit time that he was being worked out. That's a good question, but I'm not so sure we'd know this soon. I have to imagine discussions and contract talks might take some time.