NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duke was picked up as a compliment to Lamar, back when Lamar was still healthy. So there are 2 possibilities. A: They're still looking for a back to fill the Miller role and Duke's will be unchang

They'll sign him and give Tre Carson 90% of snaps

At this point he's closer to a league destroyer than a winner.   He's gonna land somewhere and likely not be valuable to roster on his own, but do just enough to screw up the incumbent #1 at

Posted Images

I think this guy's knees are just wrecked.  He hasn't garnered much interest around the NFL and he just worked out for perhaps the team neediest for a rb and didn't get signed. I suppose there's a chance he's signed on Monday. I may picked up and hold until next waiver period, If i'm able.  But even with the logic of the Lions not needing to pay him a game check, I just still think if they liked what they saw, they would have signed him immediately.  

• Like 1

People also forget the guy has a reputation for being vocal/volatile personality and not in a good way. He's definitely a gun for hire type of back. Given that I think his knees would be just fine for 8 more games. 

I love using the last spot on my bench stashing RBs due to the high rate of injury. [...] So hard to hold this guy through the next two days with zero positive news...

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Well it’s not going to happen today, I’ll tell you that for free.

Of course he won't get signed today but that doesn't mean news outlets shut down on Sundays. There is no indication regarding where they are leaning.

54 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Of course he won't get signed today but that doesn't mean news outlets shut down on Sundays. There is no indication regarding where they are leaning.

Obviously they’re leaning towards not signing him because they, well, didn’t.

I’m sure they’ll reassess after their game today.

4 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

mc kissic - 4 for 32

ty - 9 for 29

perk 3 for 16

in a Loss : if ajayi doesnt get signed by wed, its a wrap. Not sure i really want any DET RB right now but im holding

The coach is a moron... I had kerryon and he was wasted half the time..

Edited by hard1

I‘f they sign him there is an incredible chance he’s of great value for the rest of the season. He would have his byes behind him. He would have a very easy schedule. And he would be on a team that has a very good passing attack and a strong offensive line. That’s a lot of upside.

10 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is anyone going to sign this guy? Geez.

The team who's only healthy RBs are JD McKissic and Paul Perkins opted not to, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say.... probably not.

46 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

How exactly do you know they opted not to?

Because they didn't? 

Sure they could still sign him at some point but if they were keen on it you'd think they would have done it already considering they worked him out 5 days ago.

Either Ajayi isn't really in shape/healthy or the Lions just don't care about trying to win.

Maybe they were looking at signing Josh Adams off the Jets practice squad as there reports he was about to sign with somebody....He would've been the type of runner they'd need.

They're hurting for sure though.  It boggles my mind they'd choose to move forward with what they currently have.

It sure doesn't look like it's happening for Ajayi or it would've happened already if you ask me.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Either Ajayi isn't really in shape/healthy or the Lions just don't care about trying to win.

Maybe they were looking at signing Josh Adams off the Jets practice squad as there reports he was about to sign with somebody....He would've been the type of runner they'd need.

They're hurting for sure though.  It boggles my mind they'd choose to move forward with what they currently have.

It sure doesn't look like it's happening for Ajayi or it would've happened already if you ask me.

I agree this whole situation is a bit strange. But, another article today suggesting Lions and JA. I don't see anything on the interwebs from the team, player, or agent with any updates. But, there seems to be some inside info going around that keeps the JA and Lions signing alive. Tonight is the WW move night and though my plan was to dump him I'm gonna hold.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2019-11-05/fantasy-football-week-10-add-and-drop