NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

I hope everyone stashed RoJo before this game. He just had TWO massive runs called back. He's killing it this game. If he didn't have those called back. Your looking at two possible TDs. He's the back to own in this offense. It's clear as day this game.

Yep those runs were awesome. He looks really good. Only a matter of time.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jclee4 said:

I hope everyone stashed RoJo before this game. He just had TWO massive runs called back. He's killing it this game. If he didn't have those called back. Your looking at two possible TDs. He's the back to own in this offense. It's clear as day this game.

Can anyone who saw these runs comment on how much the penalties impacted the play?

3 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Can anyone who saw these runs comment on how much the penalties impacted the play?

The 54 yard run had TWO holds in the secondary.  Theres no way he would have broken a 54 yd run without them. 

I didnt see the first one that was called bak.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I was wrong about him today.  I mean who knew tampa had 55 points in them but still, Jones looked pretty good.  I think its his backfield moving foward. 

It’s not so much breaking the big runs that has impressed me. It’s great to have that breakaway speed. I’ve seen a lot of runs where he could’ve been stuck for a 0-1 yd gain, but he wiggles & fights to make them 3-5 yd gains. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

The 54 yard run had TWO holds in the secondary.  Theres no way he would have broken a 54 yd run without them. 

I didnt see the first one that was called bak.

The other one was like a 20 yarder where the o-line made an illegal shift.

I don’t think this guy is ever going to separate himself from Barber enough to make him startable over a real lead back, but I’m sure glad to have him on my bench with bye weeks coming up. It’s weird to see the Bucs with a ground game.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

I don’t think this guy is ever going to separate himself from Barber enough to make him startable over a real lead back, but I’m sure glad to have him on my bench with bye weeks coming up. It’s weird to see the Bucs with a ground game.

RoJo was the man at the end of the game today. They didn't even look at Barber. I think he's definitely solidified at least a 60/40.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

RoJo was the man at the end of the game today. They didn't even look at Barber. I think he's definitely solidified at least a 60/40.

As much as I’d like to think we’ve got a lottery ticket here, I think this is probably a realistic take. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

And he was the man at the end of the game last week when he was mauling the Giants d line late. 

Watching him run vs barber is comical. Jones runs stronger, faster and quicker.

1 hour ago, affliction said:

This guy is good. He had so many impressive runs he reminds me of Kamara 

2 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

🛑

Yeah, that's a bit of an overreaction but you are in a thread where if you go back a few pages there are posters basically saying Rojo was trash and one of the worst RBs they had ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yeah, that's a bit of an overreaction but you are in a thread where if you go back a few pages there are posters basically saying Rojo was trash and one of the worst RBs they had ever seen. 

Those people don’t watch games and weren’t seeing the improvements. I expect Rojo to take over this backfield and said so on Monday I believe. He looks very good! It just is tired to compare every possible breakout player to Kamara. People were saying this in the Ty Johnson thread! At least Rojo deserves some hype. Gonna be a rock solid rb2.

Edited by jsch08