Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, devaster said:

The article is "should" not "could". Even Arians doesn't sound confident in Jones saying "should". He expects more out of Jones and Jones isn't delivering. Going to be more of the same.

I agree with the last part-  don’t see the situation changing this season.   Even though jones is easily the most productive and effective rb Tampa has to this point in 2019.  Full YPC better than Barber on the ground,  with an 18 YPR average(outstanding for a rb), compared to a pedestrian 4 yards per reception for Barber.   
 

this is gore and drake part 2.  One is explosive but needs patience to develop...the other is a reliable plodder.  I hope it doesn’t take a trade to see Rojos potential realized.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Forget the two TDs, he out-touched Barber 20-4 in a game that was competitive until the final play. Arians is committing to him. He’s a viable flex play.

 

If it's truly his backfield he's going to be a lot more than a viable flex.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't count on him being the lead back until it is shown over more than one game.He out-touched Barber in the Rams game by a mile and we thought that would be the game and it wasn't. Don't believe anything from this game until it is proven over multiple games.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I wouldn't count on him being the lead back until it is shown over more than one game.He out-touched Barber in the Rams game by a mile and we thought that would be the game and it wasn't. Don't believe anything from this game until it is proven over multiple games.

 

 

Don't listen to him, Jones had majority of the carries in the 2nd half where he gained most of his yardage that game.

 

Jones started this game and looks like the bucs are shifting their focus to their young guys like Jones and Dare.

 

Jones should be a RB 2 from now on, he will get his touches, especially in the red zone.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guccimonster said:

 

 

 

Don't listen to him, Jones had majority of the carries in the 2nd half where he gained most of his yardage that game.

 

Jones started this game and looks like the bucs are shifting their focus to their young guys like Jones and Dare.

 

Jones should be a RB 2 from now on, he will get his touches, especially in the red zone.

21 total yards in the second half is not "most" of his yards. Most of his touches and yards came in the first half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I wouldn't count on him being the lead back until it is shown over more than one game.He out-touched Barber in the Rams game by a mile and we thought that would be the game and it wasn't. Don't believe anything from this game until it is proven over multiple games.

This.     We’ve been fooled a few times now, only to watch Barber plod 20 for 60 the following week.  
 

cautiously optimistic

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I wouldn't count on him being the lead back until it is shown over more than one game.He out-touched Barber in the Rams game by a mile and we thought that would be the game and it wasn't. Don't believe anything from this game until it is proven over multiple games.

 

I agree none of us know how this will play out moving forward but come on. The snap share was very close in that Rams game. Rojo had over 50% snap share in week 9. Not comparable.

i read Rojo ran 18 routes in this game. Previous high was 10 this season. That continuing trend up would be very encouraging.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Encouraging outing no doubt, the kid is good. Would like to see one more week of 20+ touches before declaring Jones a low end RB2. From watching the game it felt like Jones got 60+% of snaps. We will see the snap counts later today.

Jones ended up at 53% of the snaps which is his highest of the year. 18 carries and 2 targets = 20 touches. I like where this is going. Unless something comes out this week throwing everything off I'm going to be starting Jones in multiple leagues due to byes and I'm feeling more comfortable with it than earlier in the year.

 

Let's hope Arians doesn't pull a fast one on us this week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

 

 


Could be some serious upside here for Ronald Jones as the lead back. Bucs schedule is not the best for runners but its important to remember that Bucs oline has been quietly impressive this season ranking 8th in PFF's latest O-line rankings as of week 8.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-week-8

The TD run and the last clip shows his vision and ability to cut quickly and make guys miss, its impressive. Feed this kid and let him run!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

The TD run and the last clip shows his vision and ability to cut quickly and make guys miss, its impressive. Feed this kid and let him run!

 

Whats also very impressive is his shedding tackles. I didn’t think he had that kind of power. A lot of tackles he is shedding and not slowing down. He’s looked this good all year to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, i dropped him the other day before the game. I was getting tired of Arians stubbornness and the following:

1) 60/40 run ratio, bottom-3 run attempts in the league
2) Arians still gushing over Ogunbawale in the pass game. if Ron Jones isn't involved on a pass-heavy team, what's the point?...
3) Barber and him splitting snaps, in addition to Ogun's piece

Looks like the changing of the guard may finally be happening, but time will tell. Jones has looked great on film this year and he seemed to bulk up a good amount this past offseason. Some players add muscle and it hurts their game, but RJ seems dialed in when he gets opportunities.

At the same time, don't be surprised if Arians pulls a bait and switch week to week.

Edited by austin316
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Sadly, i dropped him the other day before the game. I was getting tired of Arians stubbornness and the following:

1) 60/40 run ratio, bottom-3 run attempts in the league
2) Arians still gushing over Ogunbawale in the pass game. if Ron Jones isn't involved on a pass-heavy team, what's the point?...
3) Barber and him splitting snaps, in addition to Ogun's piece

Looks like the changing of the guard may finally be happening, but time will tell. Jones has looked great on film this year and he seemed to bulk up a good amount this past offseason. Some players add muscle and it hurts their game, but RJ seems dialed in when he gets opportunities.

At the same time, don't be surprised if Arians pulls a bait and switch week to week.

No doubt that is a concern.  53% snap count this week and 18 carries.  That could be halved next week to 25% SR and 9 carries.  I'm hoping though that he's finally going to be getting 15 touches a game.  With the targets he gets he's been great.  Maybe this week's work shows he deserves more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Sadly, i dropped him the other day before the game. I was getting tired of Arians stubbornness and the following:

1) 60/40 run ratio, bottom-3 run attempts in the league
2) Arians still gushing over Ogunbawale in the pass game. if Ron Jones isn't involved on a pass-heavy team, what's the point?...
3) Barber and him splitting snaps, in addition to Ogun's piece

Looks like the changing of the guard may finally be happening, but time will tell. Jones has looked great on film this year and he seemed to bulk up a good amount this past offseason. Some players add muscle and it hurts their game, but RJ seems dialed in when he gets opportunities.

At the same time, don't be surprised if Arians pulls a bait and switch week to week.

No big loss. Tbh, you'd probably never put him in your lineup except in extreme circumstances. It's way too frustrating to even try and guess what Arians/Leftwich will do in any given game. You've saved yourself the headache.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

No big loss. Tbh, you'd probably never put him in your lineup except in extreme circumstances. It's way too frustrating to even try and guess what Arians/Leftwich will do in any given game. You've saved yourself the headache.

Good points.

I thought Arians was a genius before this year. What the heck is his deal... (including OJ Howard ordeal)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...