Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

This guy could very well be a league winner yet everyone is doubting. Meanwhile in the Darwin Thompson and Ty Johnson threads...

How did those league winners fare? 
 

 

Never believe anything a coach says ...  sideways talk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

I've held on to SuperBaby since the draft.  Would be nice if he became a weekly RB2.

But for me to say it was worth it, I'd have to look at what I've passed up on waivers and how many starts I actually get out of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

He had more targets than Dare this week

If Jones continues to get over 50% of the snaps, and if it pushes to 60% then there is naturally more opportunities for some targets to go along with increased carries. When he was playing 30% or less there wasn't as many opportunities but that could change with him doubling his snaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

How did those league winners fare? 
 

 

Never believe anything a coach says ...  sideways talk. 

 

Um that was my point. They were being hyped when they have much better players in front of them. RoJo doesn’t have a better player in front of him in a decent offense. Hence why he could be a league winner.

I am aware of coach speak, thank you. I am aware this could go back into a timeshare next game. If I had to guess, I don’t think it will head back to an even split because it has been obvious that he’s much better than Barber and has looked awesome this year since week 1.

Edited by jsch08
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs already have 6 losses and I think they realize that Peyton Barber isn't the answer at rb so I wouldn't be surprised if they let RoJo be the lead guy for the rest of the season.  Right now I view RoJo as a high end rb3 because of the offense he's in but wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a solid rb2.  He just needs to be more consistent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The Bucs already have 6 losses and I think they realize that Peyton Barber isn't the answer at rb so I wouldn't be surprised if they let RoJo be the lead guy for the rest of the season.  Right now I view RoJo as a high end rb3 because of the offense he's in but wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a solid rb2.  He just needs to be more consistent.

He needs all the goal line work imo.   They've got an easy passing schedule coming up so I'd expect them to have a couple of goal line shots each game.  That would make him a pretty solid RB2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Quick somebody get the it’s happening gif in here!!

I wish he'd say he was going to get 75% of the snaps or something like that, instead of "he's the starter". Saying that doesn't mean much. Extrapolating his usage means a lot more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I wish he'd say he was going to get 75% of the snaps or something like that, instead of "he's the starter". Saying that doesn't mean much. Extrapolating his usage means a lot more.

Oh come on, what coach gives away snap percentages?

 

this is good news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Oh come on, what coach gives away snap percentages?

 

this is good news.

Yeah, I know, but we all know that "starter" really doesn't mean jack. Barber was the starter in some games and got way less touches at times. So when BA says starter, it is hot air to me until I see the usage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, I know, but we all know that "starter" really doesn't mean jack. Barber was the starter in some games and got way less touches at times. So when BA says starter, it is hot air to me until I see the usage.


right there with ya man.   It’s not bad tho.  He’s been eating Barbers dust for a season and a half in the pecking order.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, I know, but we all know that "starter" really doesn't mean jack. Barber was the starter in some games and got way less touches at times. So when BA says starter, it is hot air to me until I see the usage.

 You saw the week 9 usage. What other confirmation are you looking for? 

Edited by jsch08
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I can’t base things on only one game, I see the Buccaneers are a pass first offense with Jamias Winston. 


Rojo has looked good in a number of games this season.    His highlights from the Rams game alone are worth watching- if you get a chance Shake.  
 

As far as usage...well...this is the strongest endorsement Arians has given him.   Flex him this week.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jsch08 said:

 You saw the week 9 usage. What other confirmation are you looking for? 

Jones had 2 good games back to back earlier in the season but then Arians inexplicably gave Barber the most carries the next game.  With Arians, I hate to say it but I have to see it to believe it.  It would be logical to see if Jones can be the guy moving forward but Arians doesn't seem to be the most logical coach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

 

I wish him the best as a Bucs fan. For fantasy, it's great to draft and hold through bye week, BA continue with his split in the game after, then I drop him and Bruce decides, "Yeah, he's our starter now!" Thanks for nothing Bruce. I was already starting to sour on Arians and this may have pushed me over the edge. We knew Week 1, he was the best. We knew after Week 4 and 5 performances he was the best. Yet, the "genius" head coach didn't realize it until Week 🤬 9. It's too late now at 2-6, Bruce. They quite possibly could be contending if their run game had been consistent, not that "hot-hand" 💩.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I wish him the best as a Bucs fan. For fantasy, it's great to draft and hold through bye week, BA continue with his split in the game after, then I drop him and Bruce decides, "Yeah, he's our starter now!" Thanks for nothing Bruce. I was already starting to sour on Arians and this may have pushed me over the edge. We knew Week 1, he was the best. We knew after Week 4 and 5 performances he was the best. Yet, the "genius" head coach didn't realize it until Week 🤬 9. It's too late now at 2-6, Bruce. They quite possibly could be contending if their run game had been consistent, not that "hot-hand" 💩.

Whew!!!!

 

pass the salt 🧂 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...