Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

What are we doing with this Joker? I dont trust Arians, I dont trust Jameis as he rarely checks down or just doesn't get how to. The defense is incapable of stopping any offense, so theres no running out the clock... its Jameis bombing it downfield to play try and play catchup. I scooped him off waivers a few weeks ago and I feel I got fooled, hes my problem now... thinking of dropping for a hopefully higher upside player or to block my opponent from another player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mmiller186 said:

What are we doing with this Joker? I dont trust Arians, I dont trust Jameis as he rarely checks down or just doesn't get how to. The defense is incapable of stopping any offense, so theres no running out the clock... its Jameis bombing it downfield to play try and play catchup. I scooped him off waivers a few weeks ago and I feel I got fooled, hes my problem now... thinking of dropping for a hopefully higher upside player or to block my opponent from another player.

I'm holding him because this is exactly the kind of player I would drop and then some bozo will play him against me and he'll score 30 points.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I'm willing to give him a mulligan for last week.  Tough matchup, and was unusual to see the Bucs have to abandon the run so early and give so few touches to RoJo.  He still out-touched Barber.  Better days will be ahead ROS.

 

This is how I feel. But I overspent on FAAB so I'm a little biased. Still, he's been up and down, and this game has the highest O/U. I'm playing without confidence, but playing nonetheless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I'm willing to give him a mulligan for last week.  Tough matchup, and was unusual to see the Bucs have to abandon the run so early and give so few touches to RoJo.  He still out-touched Barber.  Better days will be ahead ROS.

 

I'm not as sold on him. Looks like Dare is the permanent receiving back and Barber and Jones are splitting the work. If this is the case, why not just go for a piece of the Colts running backs with either Wilkins or Williams this week? It's the exact same type of split with Williams, Wilkins and Hines but the Colts receivers are banged up and Indy will be forced to run it more. Also all of a sudden, that ATL defense has looked very stout for whatever reason. I'm not liking his prospects this week.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WaiverLooter said:

 

I'm not as sold on him. Looks like Dare is the permanent receiving back and Barber and Jones are splitting the work. If this is the case, why not just go for a piece of the Colts running backs with either Wilkins or Williams this week? Also all of a sudden, that ATL defense has looked very stout for whatever reason. I'm not liking his prospects this week.

 

I'm not starting him, mind you.  I'm pretty stacked at RB, so he's mostly been just a bye-week flex option for me.  But not quite ready to pull the trigger and drop him yet either.  I think he could be a useful plug-and-play for some of the weeks coming up, particularly in PPR and as he hopefully gets more work in the passing game - none of the upcoming matchups are especially prohibitive ROS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aapox said:

 

This is how I feel. But I overspent on FAAB so I'm a little biased. Still, he's been up and down, and this game has the highest O/U. I'm playing without confidence, but playing nonetheless.

 

I blew my FAAB on him for bye week start and ROS stash he gave me 30pts vs ARI, his snaps went down to 31% against NO, he gets less than 5pts on my bench and  dropped him today for hines.  The Saints game reminded me that u cannot reliably predict the utilization  of the bucs rotation with Arians/leftwich. It would take a barber/odare injury before I trust Rojo in my lineup.

But then I could change my mind again 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Arians keeps yanking Jones' chain.  TB is basically out of it this year so just give Jones consistent playing time down the stretch to see if he can be the main guy next year.  We already know what Peyton Barber is which is an average, backup-type rb.  It doesn't make any sense.  One fumble shouldn't keep Jones in the doghouse for 2 games.

Edited by sjm76
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Coach Arians keeps yanking Jones' chain.  TB is basically out of it this year so just give Jones consistent playing time down the stretch to see if he can be the main guy next year.  We already know what Peyton Barber is which is an average, backup-type rb.  It doesn't make any sense.  One fumble shouldn't keep Jones in the doghouse for 2 games.

If it were only that easy. I agree 100% but these coaches dont see it that way, forking idiots. I feel like Arians and Freddy Bathrooms are related... try to get cute and feel like a genius if it works out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mmiller186 said:

What are we doing with this Joker? I dont trust Arians, I dont trust Jameis as he rarely checks down or just doesn't get how to. The defense is incapable of stopping any offense, so theres no running out the clock... its Jameis bombing it downfield to play try and play catchup. I scooped him off waivers a few weeks ago and I feel I got fooled, hes my problem now... thinking of dropping for a hopefully higher upside player or to block my opponent from another player.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoying to see him getting pulled at the goal line despite being on the drive prior to. At least he stayed in for the 1 TD he did get.

The risk in playing Jones is he will be a non factor in any game where the Bucs fall by a lot early, which can easily happen with Jameis as QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...