Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

LA Lakers 2019-2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2020 season will be locked on 2020-10-14. Please finish any 2020 discussions here, and take any 2021 outlook discussions to the 2021 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

That 5 point swing at the end was big when Kuz was fouled going for the layup but no call. Then they proceeded to chuck 3s with lil less than 2 min down by 4ūüėĎ

Sounds like pretender talk... Champs just win¬†ūüŹÜūüíć

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lakers remind me of a Fantasy auction draft in which an owner blows about $168 out of a $200 budget on two top 5 superstars, then steps back for a while, with the hope to grab one or 2 medium valu

Been following basketball since the very early 90s/late 80s. Some teams have had 0 competitive teams realistic to win a championship in that entire time frame.  If you win 1 championship, every move t

The quotes from this thread by some will never be lived down unfortunately.      

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

I've been meaning to bookmark this thread. Lol thanks for the bump @Jake the snake

 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, Trench Mob said:

The Lakers play the Heat tonight...

Lol nah. You know what, I'm gonna leave it alone. Nope.

Lakers looking pretty nice so far. Good luck. Should be a good exhibition.

 

On 11/9/2019 at 1:03 AM, miasma16 said:

Lakers beat the Heat by 15, Meyers Leonard had more turnovers than points, 3s, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks (combined) and Whiteside had a 15 rebound, 5 block double-double.

Seriously, when will you learn?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Seriously, when will you learn?

Boban's replacement had an awesome game against  Lakers.

My point is, Lakers have 2 loses so far against good teams (Clippers without PG, Raptors without Lowry and Ibaka) . Other then win against Utah, all other wins are between  lower end teams (Spurs, Heat, Charlotte, Memphis,  Bulls) and  overtime win against Dallas. 

I think after 10% of the season it is starting to show that Lakers signing over the summer did  not resolve many of their issues.   Consistent scoring (other than LBJ and AD)  seems to be the major one.    I am starting to see Green from last year, one good game followed by string of games where he is barely playable on offense

It is clear to me that if  their opponent can score 100+ points (like Clippers and Raptors), Lakers have  major issue how to much that scoring output

Too bad to see one of my favourite teams (after Raptors and Spurs) waste (arguably) one of  the last season where LBJ performs at the top level

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Boban's replacement had an awesome game against  Lakers.

My point is, Lakers have 2 loses so far against good teams (Clippers without PG, Raptors without Lowry and Ibaka) . Other then win against Utah, all other wins are between  lower end teams (Spurs, Heat, Charlotte, Memphis,  Bulls) and  overtime win against Dallas. 

I think after 10% of the season it is starting to show that Lakers signing over the summer did  not resolve many of their issues.   Consistent scoring (other than LBJ and AD)  seems to be the major one.    I am starting to see Green from last year, one good game followed by string of games where he is barely playable on offense

It is clear to me that if  their opponent can score 100+ points (like Clippers and Raptors), Lakers have  major issue how to much that scoring output

Too bad to see one of my favourite teams (after Raptors and Spurs) waste (arguably) one of  the last season where LBJ performs at the top level

Meh it's still early, kuz just got back and rondo will return soon. Green has been in a shooting slump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Meh it's still early, kuz just got back and rondo will return soon. Green has been in a shooting slump.


Exactly , give it a few weeks .. let Kuz get his legs back under him. Things will get better 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LA Lakers 2019-2020 Outlook
12 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I am starting to see Green from last year

Except it was already pointed out that you lied about having watched Danny Green play at all last year when you said that teams routinely left a guy that was second in the NBA in 3pt% open and dared him to hit 3s.

Edited by miasma16
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Except it was already pointed out that you lied about having watched Danny Green play at all last year when you said that teams routinely left a guy that was second in the NBA in 3pt% open and dared him to hit 3s.

I've seen at least 50 regular season games and every playoff game Raptors played last year. So if I haven't seen Green playing it makes Lakers decision to sign him very interesting. But I am sure you are enjoying watching him play this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, kane said:

Seems only AD and LBJ have fantasy value,other teammates just don't have enough usage

 

Danny Green has low end value in rotisserie as a peripheral specialist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 5:32 AM, Gile Pile said:

I've seen at least 50 regular season games and every playoff game Raptors played last year. 

Except it was already proven elsewhere that you were lying about watching games when you claimed that teams were leaving a guy that was 2nd in the league in 3pt% and 13th in the league in makes wide open. Anybody can look it up on NBA.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Except it was already proven elsewhere that you were lying about watching games when you claimed that teams were leaving a guy that was 2nd in the league in 3pt% and 13th in the league in makes wide open. Anybody can look it up on NBA.com

You are a month late buddy ūüėĬ†

I was debating should I respond or not, but I had one question that I must know the answer: 

Are you with FBI, CIA, MI5, CSIS, Mossad or BND so you know what  I do or watch? 

 

Anyway, great sniper Dany Green has 3P% of 37.9%.   Good enough for  86th best 3pt% between players that attempted 20 or more 3s.

Wait a second, maybe Green  made lots of 3s?  He made 47 (that is 45th best total in the league).

Not bad at all.

Just to give you better context,   his former teammate Patty Mills made 49 at 41.9%

 

btw,  Green has 7 games (out of 25) where he scored 10+ points. Exactly the same was happening last year with Raptors.

Great signing by the Lakers

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...